184cv golf 7 gtd Injectors (EDC17C64) on golf 6 2.0 CR (EDC17C46)

darkzje

TDI
MK6 2.0 TDI
Hello,

I have a problem with my oem injectors on my EU vw golf mk6 2.0 TDI CR CFFB.
I would like to know if there is anyone around there who tested or used the CUNA 184 injectors (04L130277AE) on this engine, which is also the same of CFGB 170.
There should be phisical compatibility.. but no clue about ecu conversion.
Do they eventually work properly?

TDIfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
Multivan AHY, Golf CFFB DSG, A6Q 4F 2.7 TDI CANC, 7 meter boat with ALH.
From the little information I have from a course material they should be electrically the same, i.e. voltages and currents used to control the injector.

Physical connections seem to be the same but internally there seems to be big difference between CRI2-18 used in CFFB and CRI2-20 used in CUNA, the latter having internal 'mini rail' and no separate pressure and overflow channels inside the bottom part of the injector. But maybe it does not affect the actual behavior in the engine, I don't know.

Also I don't know about injectors codes, whether they are similar and if the codes of CUNA injectors are accepted by the CFFB ECU. But if people are using Passat BiTDI injectors in older 2.0 CR TDIs why shouldn't this work, too?

B3n

TDI
Passat B7 2.0 CR TDI, B6 2.0 CR EA288
I am using the AE injectors in a CFFB. You need to adjust the injector timing map in the ECU. Otherwise you have very much smoke. Don't forget to add the 7 digit calibration number for each injector.

darkzje

TDI
MK6 2.0 TDI
Thank you, swap was fine. Just requested a bit of tuning

Last edited: