Frequently asked Questions

Diesel_Benz

Banned
TDI
Mercedes
TDIMeister said:
There is no damn way to catch every thread and every post about defeating emission controls and other illegal activity.
All it takes is one moderator 10 minutes a day to scan through the new posts. You don't need to rely on snitches to do your work.

jonnyptdi

TDI
mk3 golf tdi 1z, mk5 golf gttdi bkd
hi guys im new to the diesel tuning dont really no much bout tuning diesels? i have a 94 1.9tdi golf 1z engine,im wanting to get more power & performance out of it,any ideas & mods would be appreicated,ive seen the ervy mod but dont understand it? what is the mod done with? any help would be appreciated

freebee

TDI
97 Jetta TDI, 2011 GMC sierra, !983 CB 1000 Honda 4,000 original miles
97 TDI Jetta. Brakes, Clutch,

Hellol, I just replaced the Slave. Master bake and master clutch on my 97 Jetta. I would like to know the proper flushing and bleeding of lines after replacing. Thank you in advance

Straxcla

TDI
2000 Beetle
Hey, I've got a 2000 tdi beetle and I wanted to push a little more power outa the little guy. What are some common mods and what are the price ranges, and how much of an effect will they have on my mpg?

Thanks

cordellguentner

TDI
2003 VW Beetle
egr delete kit

I was wondering if you guys have ordered egr delete kits. If so where did you get them from because I can't seem to find a site that has any. I have a 2003 VW Beetle TDI. Thanks for the help!

The4ork

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk1 AHU (in progress) Mk2 GTi 8V MkIV Jetta12VR
hey im just looking for a FAQ on what all the terms about the pumps mean.

like, whats the difference between a 10mm and 11mm pump. I mean, what part is actually 10 or 11mm? and what pump do i have? and should i get an 11mm pump? and such questions as these.

thanks

mirulu

TDI
Octavia I, ASV(ASZ), S356V, Hflo-x, 6G, IC ...
Hi guys, fast qestion
Is this pressure sensor 4 Bar senzor?

Bosch 0281002655

I can't find it anywhere. Thank's a lot.

Milan

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J

turbotorq

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI
2004 pd tdi jetta overboost

My tdi is over boosting at 17.3 PSI for a dangerous number of seconds, also my duty cycle on the 011 log starts at 98% and quickly crashes to 5% . What on earth is happening to my tdi. I hear of clogged vanes or actuator rusted out. Also I just had an underboost code show up. I'm obviously plaged with limp
Mode at WOT and even moderate acceleration up steep hills. Turbo is making screaming noise near redline, I notice its louder even at idle. PLEASE HELP.

ivebeengruvn

TDI
2001 golf gls tdi
what can i do in a chip to help with mpg s i just want to look at a already tested type of chip or the best one for an alh 2001 golf tdi gls which is my baby for life.

margus014

TDI
Golf 4, 81kw
What is the difference in thease bearing shells:
038105701A
038105701A 007 (yellow)

Can I use ASV engine stock conrod bolt (028105425C) in ARL conrod (original bolt 045105425)?

mpgs

TDI
2009 jsw tdi
nozzels

2009 jetta wagon malone stage 2 turbo back exhaust eibach lowered are there bigger nozzels looking for more power goin for stage three and 170 vnt soon but want to change nozzels first help?:confused::confused::confused:anybody

Last edited:

kraftwerkturbo

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf 1.9 TDI auto
Among the moderators there is no distinction between removal of the DPF, catalytic converter or EGR. All are illegal and will be dealt with accordingly.
Not to be picky: it is NOT illegal to remove DPF, cat, EGR or ANY OTHER modifications you want to do to your car. You can do whatever you want to the property you own.

Technically, it is only illegal to drive such modified car on public roads.
All of us who have modified their cars are CERTAINLY only using them off road, for racing, etc.

But so is driving over the speed limit (yet a few cars a sold in the US with top speeds exceeding the speed limit; not illegal, just not legal to USE that top speed on public roads).

BUT: rules are rules. And if the owners/moderators of a website stipulate it is not permitted to discuss certain modifications (ditto Uwe over on Rosstech/VAGcom/VCDS for example), then those are the rules.

Just don't scare members or misuse the term 'illegal'.

It is like saying: "guns are illegal" or "the use of guns is illegal". Nope. Just killing people with them is illegal.

nivlasol

TDI
2012 2.0L CR140
malone stage 2 or 3

i'm quite new to TDI club, haven't had time to read through everything but i am looking to upgrade my 2012 2.0L tdi
I am looking to do a stage 2 or 3 malone tune but i just replaced the DPF in my car (105,000km) so i don't want to do a delete for obvious reasons... with the tune do i need to do anything else? will it kill my DPF faster? more regen cycles?
which would be best?

Miedzinsh

TDI
2.5 aat
Hey guys, i'm new here. I have one question about ECU's.

Can i upgrade/change my ECU on Audi 100 C4 2.5TDI (AAT engine code), with automatic transmission?

I heard, that it can be done on AAT or AEL, by changing ECU to Golf III ECU, and by changing fuel pump electronic part. But with manual gearbox.

So is it possible to do the same on my Audi?

Miedzinsh

TDI
2.5 aat
Want tochange my old ECU to something advanced, like 028906021gl or 012, so i can change my fuel pump electronic part.

Miedzinsh

TDI
2.5 aat
Ohhhh, don't know. haven't checked yet, but it's an old ECU, because i have AAT engine code.

And i have been told that i couldnt replace my ECU because i have automātu gearbox.

Last edited:

big_wig_074

TDI
seat ibiza tdi sport 130
Not to be picky: it is NOT illegal to remove DPF, cat, EGR or ANY OTHER modifications you want to do to your car. You can do whatever you want to the property you own.

Technically, it is only illegal to drive such modified car on public roads.
All of us who have modified their cars are CERTAINLY only using them off road, for racing, etc.

But so is driving over the speed limit (yet a few cars a sold in the US with top speeds exceeding the speed limit; not illegal, just not legal to USE that top speed on public roads).

BUT: rules are rules. And if the owners/moderators of a website stipulate it is not permitted to discuss certain modifications (ditto Uwe over on Rosstech/VAGcom/VCDS for example), then those are the rules.

Just don't scare members or misuse the term 'illegal'.

It is like saying: "guns are illegal" or "the use of guns is illegal". Nope. Just killing people with them is illegal.
plus we don't all live in the same country, and it certainly is not illegal to remove a few of those in my country. maybe any advice given should have a statement saying it MIGHT be illegal if you live in certain states or countries to remove,or modify, certain items.
the uk is pretty laid back with regards to modifications, especially on older models of vehicle.

Kev4418

TDI
Volkswagen golf tdi90
Volkswagen golf tdi x registration

Hi I have a volkswagen golf tdi x registration and just wondered will a turbo of a volkswagen golf gti fit my car i would appreciate any help

Zeitgeist

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Variant and Vanagon mTDI
What exactly are the various stages frequently mentioned on the site? Are the stages specific to a particular vendor, or are they fairly standardized?