Malone Tune

DieselDuberrr

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta
Hey guys,

So now im all set for my engine codes and limp mode etc.. I'm thinkin a tune might be nice, get a little more oomph when I need it. Just need to do the lower arm bushings, ordering poly ones i think for that.

anyway, I do have an auto.... I was gonna go with a Stage 1 Malone Tune, as they're local and i can get it done at their shop.

Any concerns I should have with an auto and a stage 1? I hear a lot of people saying they're basically made of plastic and will explode first time i floor it....

Its had all its servicing done a year ago, all new sensors and harness etc... Feels good, never any shifting issues etc.

Last edited:

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I had a stage 2 tune on my 2002 auto Jetta. Loved the response it gave me. Not a single problem from when I had it done in 2005 until I bought my Passat in 2016.
But I am not one to try and squeal tires from a standing start. You do that things may be different.

Danarm

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta TDI, 2X 01 Jetta TDI, 01 Golf TDI,06 Jetta TDI.
Make sure you set coding on trans to 0011 touring or 0012 sport, that why trans willl not keep trying to relearn.

DieselDuberrr

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta
I had a stage 2 tune on my 2002 auto Jetta. Loved the response it gave me. Not a single problem from when I had it done in 2005 until I bought my Passat in 2016.
But I am not one to try and squeal tires from a standing start. You do that things may be different.
Ha. yeah, i cant spin em at all, even in the wet.. believe me, ive tried, just traction because by the time the turbo kicks in im moving lol. im good with that.

Make sure you set coding on trans to 0011 touring or 0012 sport, that why trans willl not keep trying to relearn.
interesting, thanks for the tip.