Electric Mirrors Not Working - POLO 2003 9N

mystic.bertie

TDI
VW GOLF (AJM) 1.9TDI 115BHP
My girlfriends 2003 9n polo has a problem where the electric mirrors dont work. I found a diagram online and it says the electric mirrors are fuse 18. I checked fuse 18 and its fine, im not sure this info on the fuse is correct though.

I have tested the wiring connector for the electric mirrors switch, one of the 10 holes has 3.9v. Does this mean it is getting a supply as i thought it should be 12v. Anyone care to advise on testing the wiring before i condemn the switch.

many thanks. ;)

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
I don't know if it's possible to get a proper reading on tat polo, pretty sure it'll be a similar set up to the golf with a separate ccm etc.

Have the mirrors ever worked?

Sometimes if it is controlled by the ccm just going into the ccm with vagcom and going to the recode part then putting the same code back in and saving resets things.

mystic.bertie

TDI
I don't know if it's possible to get a proper reading on tat polo, pretty sure it'll be a similar set up to the golf with a separate ccm etc.

Have the mirrors ever worked?

Sometimes if it is controlled by the ccm just going into the ccm with vagcom and going to the recode part then putting the same code back in and saving resets things.
They did used to work, she said they made a buzzing noise but stopped moving, before they stopped working all together. I dont know if it can be accessed via vagcom, i just have the lite version so i can only access the fault codes etc.

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
What exactly is not working; the heating elements or the adjustment function?

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
They did used to work, she said they made a buzzing noise but stopped moving, before they stopped working all together. I dont know if it can be accessed via vagcom, i just have the lite version so i can only access the fault codes etc.

It sounds like maybe they've just seized up over time, I'd try and grab a second hand one and test it. Shouldn't cost much.

mystic.bertie

TDI
It sounds like maybe they've just seized up over time, I'd try and grab a second hand one and test it. Shouldn't cost much.

it turned out to be the fuse, the symbol for the electric mirror is not obvious, i had to search for a list of the fuse numbers, number 11 is the electric mirrors, the fuse layout is also back to front as it must be for a LHD car. Thanks anyway ;)