praise the lord and pass the shotgun

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Ok,

Someone explain the Logic to this one....

I can walk into a Maijer's at 9am on a Sunday and buy Shotgun Ammo, but I can't buy Beer until 11am???????????????????????????????:confused::confused:

Does not compute..... error....error....

MrVermin

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
Corrado TDI, 2000 Golf, 1996 B4 Variant
You need to go hunting more! Beer is for after the hunt and they don't want it to get cold on you.

PS. it is none of our business to judge you for drinking beer at 9 am on a Sunday.

auto_tech

Vendor
TDI
SOLD - 2001 Jetta blue; 2016 Jetta 1.4TSI 5spd
Maybe it's ok to go to church with a loaded shotgun, but not ok to go drunk? What about hungover?

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
There was spent 12 ga. shotgun shell in the hotel parking lot this morning.
The book store in the same business complex as the hotel has a sign on the entry door stating that firearms are prohibited inside.

OK, the shell could have been fired anywhere and been dropped in the parking lot, but a no-carry reminder sign on a book store?

It's not just the Canuk that is puzzled, this Yank is too.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
I don't know how it is in that particular location, but in my state that allows CCW, owners of private property (stores, for instance) have the option of not allowing CCW on their property.... By posting a properly designed sign.

CCW holders have the option of shopping elsewhere.

One other thing to think about.... If the weapon is concealed (!) how does the property owner know that you have violated his prohibition?? In my state, they can only ask you to leave and as long as you do leave when asked, no charges can be brought against you.

HTH

Bill

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
97' Passat (1Z), 02' Golf
Ok,

Someone explain the Logic to this one....

I can walk into a Maijer's at 9am on a Sunday and buy Shotgun Ammo, but I can't buy Beer until 11am???????????????????????????????:confused::confused:

Does not compute..... error....error....

MrVermin
Because the "holly rollers" don't want want us buying and starting before they let out! :D

vikingrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2021 Tesla Model 3 (delivery estimate May 2021)
Could be worse - per state law liquor stores in Minnesota are closed on Sunday. Personally not a fan of blue laws.