7.3 litre fluid extractor, 1.9 US gal, 1.6 Imp gal.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Princess Auto has a 7.3 litre ( 1.6 Imp. Gal - 1.9 US gal. ) fluid extractor on sale, reg. $69.99 on sale for $ 49.99

Comes with 3 ft flex hose, 2 rigid dipstick tubes, auto shut off prevents overfilling.

If I would not have a Pela PL-6000 already I'd get this one. What I do not like about the Pela is that it requires 2 hands to pump and both feet to hang on to the da*n thing when pumping. Also only has one dipstick tube. Seems to me to have better or more features than the Pela.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I was at Princess Auto today and had a look at them, it even has a little pull out slide to put your foot on while pumping.

PELA has a lot to learn I think.

KiTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2002 dark blue - Sold
I just did my oil change with this knockoff Pela. It works really great. I am very pleased with it. I even change oil for a corolla with this (well, i still need to craw under to change the filter, but i didn't jack up the car)

Some questions about this. How many pumps is needed?? I only did about 4 pumps b/c i am afraid too many pumps will result in too much vaccum and damage it. Does anyone know??

Also i find that i have to move the tube in and out a bit once a while to keep the oil running. Does this normal??? My driveway has some slope. I back in my car so the nose is lower. Will that help the process???

Thanks

darkscout

Grammar Scout
TDI
2003 Golf
KiTDI said:
too much vaccum and damage it. Does anyone know??
I guarantee you'll only get 0-14 psi vacuum with it. I'm sure the engineers tested it to 20 or 30.

SuperJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Tonight is still a go. I should be able to make it back by 5:30pm. I have to stop by Precision Motorsports on the way to get some oil and a filter for my 30K service before I leave for the weekend. (At the Tim Hortons at Weber and Northfield.)

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
My Pela does the same thing, I have to joggle the dip tube in and out a wee bit. My first change I had the oil too cool and it took forever. Now I take the car for a good run and then go ahead and suck it out, works much better.

I do not think you can create enough vacuum to damage the unit.

flyingmikey

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Beetle TDI
Hey thanks for this Jetta Pilot, i bought a Canadian Tire vacumm pump, and it pumped out 2 litres before breaking, $25 piece of Cr*p ... i knew that there was another one out there, the Pela one, but now i have another excuse to head to Princess here in Ottawa, and get that pump, sure beats trying to get the belly pan off, which mine is cracked, so it was a miriad screws around it!!!!!

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
shaydee said:
\

just make sure you bring a container to take your used oil with you

Just my observation, but when you install new oil, it comes in from 1 to 5 containers and once they are empty I just put the oil in there from the Pela.

flyingmikey

Shaydee is referring to someone coming to the GTG at his place. Be observant and you see where he lives!

Last edited:

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon TDI Highline
shaydee said:
No Need, I have one, your more than welcome to use it just make sure you bring a container to take your used oil with you (I have enough of my own;) )
Awesome, I'll make sure to get oil and filter before then. I'm going to be due for a change at that point.

SootHappens

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
My friend has a Pela, which is nice... Last week I found this at a local harbor freight tool store. I know this is the "ontario regional discussion forum," but I was so impressed with this I thought I'd share.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=46149

It works great, and no pumping! Last weekend I sucked the oil out of my dad's '79 MB 240D, Friend's 2001 NB TDI, and another friend's 04 Jetta TDI. My 30k mile service is coming up quick :D

colezy9

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI Highline
Princess Auto extractor

How long is it taking you guys to suck all the oil out of your TDI's? I have an 05 Jetta TDI but it seems that the oil is been sucked out at a very slow rate and yes even when its warm.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Haven't really stopwatched it, but I'm guessing at about 15 minutes.
Look at the tube, it's smaller than a drinking straw.