Biodiesel GTG in Toronto...finally - Updated July 26

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
Okay everyone thanks for your patience. I finally got a commitment from Biox for May 18th.

Mark your calendars and I will post directions in this thread when they e-mail them to me. The only thing I know right now is that the plant is located in Oakville.

Please respond in this thread to give me an idea of how many people will be coming.

Thanks,
suds

[ July 26, 2002, 12:50: Message edited by: suds ]

**DONOTDELETE**

Sure. I can wait another week to get outta town.

AAAAARRRGGHH!!! That's the date of the first autocross this year!!

What time were you thinking? Maybe if I skipped the second half (the half where I actually finish in the course)

[ May 02, 2002, 19:44: Message edited by: je ]

DZLguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Y2k Jetta GLS TDI
I'll have to check my schedule, and I'll let you know for sure. Should be ok though. Please find out how much we're allowed...fill up + empty fuel containers?? If so, I may have to invest in a couple 5 gallon fuel containers.

DZLguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Y2k Jetta GLS TDI
Hey Suds....how 'bout posting this also in the GTG section, and on Vortex. Maybe we can get a big turnout to show serious interest in Biodiesel availability.

edit to delete double post....

[ May 02, 2002, 15:52: Message edited by: DZLguy ]

**DONOTDELETE**

Im sure BioX will love that.

"Sorry folks, the refinery is dry."
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And I'm asking about doing a tour with another group in September too (evil me!).

Westy

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS TDI Auto.
Sounds like a plan, I might bring my Rabbit pickup if we can fill some containers while we're there.

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
He was talking about 20 litres/person. If the group is smaller (20 people or so) I can see him giving more per person. These guys aren't the ones selling the BD, they're leasing the processing plants ($15 million each if you're interested
) so a show of force won't accomplish too much. They already know the potential, that's why they're only leasing the plants and keeping the process to themselves.

Anyway, I don't know the actual amount per person but if we play our cards right I would imagine that we may get more than half a tank each.

What time - I'm getting that when they e-mail the directions to me. I don't imagine it'll be too early.

Cost - well, Tim's initial offer was no cost. I don't know if he'll accept money to get extra in containers.

I'll post more as I get it.

Suds

MacGyver

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Jetta, black
Colour me there!

Going to try hard to make this, sounds fascinating!
I'll also try to procure a digital camera for the non-proprietary stuff

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
DON'T SHOOT THE MESSANGER -- Tim has e-mailed me today and apologised for the jerking around. They are requesting a re-schedule since the 18th is the long weekend. I will make this happen but it's looking like June instead. If I wasn't so determined to burn some BD I'd be pissed off but hey, for free fuel (and BD at that!) I can wait a little longer.

I will ask him to commit to another date and post it in this thread. I will also get clarification about purchasing some to take away in containers.

Hang in there people, this will happen.

Suds

rwolff

Veteran Member
TDI
None yet
My Saturdays are tied up from the anniversary of Mt. St. Helens (May 18th) until the end of June, but if it's late enough in June I might be able to dodge the other commitment. My car won't tolerate biodiesel (until the Jetta Wagon is available, I'm stuck with a gasser
), so I guess that will leave more for everyone else.

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
Sorry for not updating you guys. As some of you may know my niece was quite sick and was down at Sick Kids Hosptial during the last month for chemo and all that nasty stuff. I kinda put this one on the back burner for a bit (since all the dates in May were no good for Tim and Co. at BIOX). I left a v-mail with Tim today and asked him for a date in June that we can all go out and get filled up. If he doesn't respond by Friday morning I'll try him again.

Take care.

DZLguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Y2k Jetta GLS TDI
Originally posted by Steve T:
Did Anyone else see the spot on CBC News about this company last night?

Steve
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes I did. I'm going to email CBC, to let them know it was appreciated, and how much public interest there is in the biodiesel products. Maybe that'll help fire things up.

Greg Yohn

Veteran Member
You guys are about 500 miles from me. Are you talking about going to a biodiesel plant and getting free biodiesel? Have any idea of the cost of a liter if I fill up my 5 gal jugs?

Here's a good question, does anyone know the rules when crossing into Canada these days for an American? Used to hear an owner's card and license was good enough, but heard when enetering the US, Canadians need their birth certificate.

**DONOTDELETE**

I don't wanna rush you, with your niece being sick and all, but have you heard from your contact? If you need a new champion, I may be able to help.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
I sent an e-mail to Tim and Kevin at biox last week and have not heard back from them yet. I will follow up next week. Is anyone interested in a weekday outing? They might be more receptive if they don't have to spend some of their weekend accommodating us.

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
Okay - I should have checked my e-mail at work Before I posted a reply. Here's what was waiting for me when I signed in:
What does Tuesday the 30th July look like?

We have a couple of guys in from overseas and we could show you around 1000 - 1230hrs...?

Let me know if this works...

Tim Haig
President and CEO
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So it looks like a weekday might be the best we can get from them right now. I don't even know if I can make this one but let's get some responses about this and I can get back to him.