Gonna do it.

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
Well I finally graduated college. And I am planning a road trip. AND on that trip going to Utah.(Gee I wonder why? KERMA?) I am gonna get new injectors, with intentions on ONLY doing one power mod
BUT. I was looking at the clutch I would have to sooner or later replace. the TDI and VR6 clutch are the same, but different stock numbers. it there a big difference when I do have to do it.

AND

I am not looking into KILLER power. something a little more and reliable power. I am getting in touch with KERMA to figure it out. but looks like from the forum PP520 is the way to go. and SEE ya on the road. from Mobile alabama to Milwauke to San Diego stopping in Austin and Utah. see ya there

dsclark

Veteran Member
If I were to do it all over, I'd get the clutch first, then the injectors and chip at the same time. True, you can get by with a stock clutch with stock motor, but it is good to have it in place.
Oh, and congratulations on the college deal! My sister's family is of the "college is no big deal..." mindset, but more power to you. You should be quite proud. When I got my masters, I got myself a...krap, I didn't get myself anything! My wife said I could replace my '91 Katana 1100 with a new Goldwing when I get my Phd, but I don't believe her (hehehe!).

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
Thank you though, I am in the belief that college IS a BIG deal. It has been for me for the last FIVE years. I am looking forward to doing MANY things I havent had time for lately, like making Biodiesel to modding my TDI. Again Thank you. It does mean ALOT! I am MOST proud of myself as are my friends!!!

Eric B.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
...with intentions on ONLY doing one power mod...
*Snicker**

<font color="red"> C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S </font> <font color="blue"> ! </font> <font color="orange"> ! </font> <font color="purple"> ! </font>

I graduated last June and got myself the Tdi in August as my grad present
--what a feeling, eh?

What's your degree? I know you're a bubblehead...engineering?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I thought the A3 clutches were more robust than A4s and that you might be OK with one mod and your stock clutch. I'd drive it until it starts to slip--that may be longer than you predict depending on how it's been treated.

BTW, did you notice a difference with the addition of the strut bar? I'm considering one for my ''97 and wonder if you think it makes a difference.

Congratulations on getting through college. I still remember that it seemed like forever until I finished, even though it was nearly 30 years ago!

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
*Snicker**
Yeah I know...
and I took a flip on careers. got a degree in communications-Pr and Advertising.-don't know what I was thinking-

did you notice a difference with the addition of the strut bar?
YES i did. it was a great mod. tightens up the front end bigtime. I highly reccomend it. makes steering in corners a breeze. no more fighting the wheel.

MatthewM

TDI
Sadly, none anymore
Congrats!!! I think college is very important. I graduate in June with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. Did it in 4.25 years with ARMY ROTC (Priority registration kicked ass, Physical Training at 0600 was not so great), average time at my school is 5.75 years. I am getting myself a 2001 Golf as a present before I head off to my officer basic course. Hopefully it'll be ready this weekend.