2017 tig

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
On my mk7 golf, all I did was move a fuse and all 12v sockets were live the time.

How does one do it in a non janky ghetto fashion on this tig?

It's a wolf berg edition if it makes any sense.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
No advice or suggestions?

I posted in the non tdi section, correct?

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Yes it clearly says that. Glad you understand my question now.

I'm trying to do this on a 17 tig.

Ideas? If not I appreciate your help.
All it’s says is making a full time live cigarette lighter?

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
Limited or LWB Tig? The LWB is same chassis as Mk7 Golf and should be the same for 12v outlet. The limited will be janky, ghetto wired to do the same thing.

Thou you could use an inline fuse holder and plug one end into a 12V battery spot in fuse panel, then plug other end in place of fuse for 12v outlet.

Jason

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Limited or LWB Tig? The LWB is same chassis as Mk7 Golf and should be the same for 12v outlet. The limited will be janky, ghetto wired to do the same thing.
A 2017 Tig will not be a LWB vehicle, the Long Wheel Base version debuted with the 2018 model year in North America. 2017 Tiguans are on a PQ35 platform while 2018 LWB models are on a MQB platform. I actually suspect the the 2018 "Tiguan Limited" (SWB) cars are mostly left over 2017s. We will see if a SWB Tiguan is even an option in the 2019 model year.

Have Fun!

Don

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
A 2017 Tig will not be a LWB vehicle, the Long Wheel Base version debuted with the 2018 model year in North America. 2017 Tiguans are on a PQ35 platform while 2018 LWB models are on a MQB platform. I actually suspect the the 2018 "Tiguan Limited" (SWB) cars are mostly left over 2017s. We will see if a SWB Tiguan is even an option in the 2019 model year.

Have Fun!

Don
Actually '18 limiteds are still listed as '17, even thou sold beside LWB that are listed '18.

And since when were Tiguans EVER PQ35? That would be a NAR Passat or Jetta, right? Tiguans are a mash up of B6 Passat and MkV Golf.

We keep hearing they are making another smaller SUV based on Tiguan to replace the limited (which has been canceled for next year). Would be simpler, IMHO, to just bring the shorter MQB Tiggy, but who knows what VW is thinking.

Jason

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Whatever the platform may be, it's nothing like an mk7 as far as fuse guts under the dash, so inline fuse is the only option which is what I was avoiding.

A 2 legged fuse sharing a 3rd socket would of been the more intelligent design to keep in the plan, but anything that makes sense is a loss of money, from an engineering standpoint.

No return, no money.