New 2015 Deal Offered Me

VWMark

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6M RIP, 2015 GSW SE TDI 6M, 2015 Q7 TDI
Anyone who waits for a better price on these, at least the manual ones, is going to miss out. There are plenty of people out there willing to snap up a new 2015 for $8500 off MSRP. Not to mention, this will be the last chance ever to buy a new TDI. There's not that many of them out there, and they will sell at that discount, and VW knows it! There will of course be used ones for sale at some point, but who knows when/how much/how many.

I have a deposit on a JSW SE 6M as well. I called at least 20 dealerships before I found one that wasn't an S and wasn't white or black. We have not finalized the price yet, but I'm not expecting more than the announced $5000 off for 0% financing or $8500 off for 2 year lease. That doesn't mean I won't try for more though. I'm leaning toward taking it...

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I agree that if you want a manual you may already be out of luck. I poked around on Autotrader and cars.com today and found almost no manual transmission TDIs. And I don't think the site is current: the car I bought is still up on cars.com.

dieselpony

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL 6 speed manual Moonrock Silver
I agree that if you want a manual you may already be out of luck. I poked around on Autotrader and cars.com today and found almost no manual transmission TDIs. And I don't think the site is current: the car I bought is still up on cars.com.
Just went to look at the Passat manual I have a deposit on. They have two - black on beige, black on black. I'm the 2nd deposit on one of them - salesperson wasn't sure which. I'm annoyed. Wouldn't have put down money knowing that.

This particular dealer doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get these off the lot, or maybe they are waiting for parts for refreshing them. Who knows if those deposits of the people before me will stick, but I'd have to guess that people who put a deposit on a manual Passat know what they want. Lots of DSGs available there, it seems, and a manual Golf Wagon (S) available. Schmelz Countryside.

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
Anyone who waits for a better price on these, at least the manual ones, is going to miss out. There are plenty of people out there willing to snap up a new 2015 for $8500 off MSRP.
Some of us will be forced to keep our money.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I would have considered a Passat or Jetta had I not just bought a sedan. But my dealer didn't have any manual Jettas, and the only manual Passats he had were that Goldenrod (or whatever) color. I'm not that fussy about exterior color, but I couldn't live with that one.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
Anyone who waits for a better price on these, at least the manual ones, is going to miss out. There are plenty of people out there willing to snap up a new 2015 for $8500 off MSRP. Not to mention, this will be the last chance ever to buy a new TDI.
I wouldn't count on it. This re-release of the 2015s could have gone two different ways, and what it's showing is there is interest and demand for diesel cars in the US.

In fact, VW could be learning that the US TDI consumer isn't quite as price sensitive at thought, that all the pre-dieselgate cost shaving wasn't necessary.

Maybe they'll opt to reintroduce TDIs to the United States with a higher price tag and lower sales projections. If VW doesn't, they'd be ceding sales to Chevy and possibly Mazda, maybe even leaving an opening for Subaru.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
Not an expert, but I'm too sure about that statement. I would check with a bank. I don't think any of them will issue you a new car loan on a 2015 right now.
With my two credit unions, these cars definitely fall into the "used" rate bucket. But they can't touch VW's promotional financing.

VWMark

Veteran Member
TDI
I wouldn't count on it. This re-release of the 2015s could have gone two different ways, and what it's showing is there is interest and demand for diesel cars in the US.
In fact, VW could be learning that the US TDI consumer isn't quite as price sensitive at thought, that all the pre-dieselgate cost shaving wasn't necessary.
Maybe they'll opt to reintroduce TDIs to the United States with a higher price tag and lower sales projections. If VW doesn't, they'd be ceding sales to Chevy and possibly Mazda, maybe even leaving an opening for Subaru.
I'd give it about a 10% chance of VW selling more TDI's down the road. With them being forced into putting development money into EVs and the ever tightening emission standards, it just doesn't make sense anymore.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
I'd give it about a 10% chance of VW selling more TDI's down the road. With them being forced into putting development money into EVs and the ever tightening emission standards, it just doesn't make sense anymore.

EVs are part of the pound of flesh imposed by the greenies.

IMO. the electrics are a $$$$ loser.

Gassers, and (hopefully Diesel) will be the market for net.

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf DSG, '13 JSW DSG surrendered to VW, '03 Golf 2 door manual
Yes, VW is required by the settlement to waste a few billion on electric car infrastructure. But VW is not required to build electric cars, and VW is not banned from building and selling diesels, even in the U.S., as long as they meet EPA and CARB standards in those agency's jurisdictions. Given how quickly the 20k or so new TDIs are selling, VW will certainly be back with new diesels after they sell off the glut of fixed TDIs.

flargabarg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg Lux TDI
Non-US countries are heavy in to electric. China has a mandate. So there will be plenty of investment in electric vehicles regardless of what happens in the USA. Since Tesla has been the only company building out deep, usable charge infrastructure this might actually work out really well for Volkswagen. Time will tell.

VWMark

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes, VW is required by the settlement to waste a few billion on electric car infrastructure. But VW is not required to build electric cars, and VW is not banned from building and selling diesels, even in the U.S., as long as they meet EPA and CARB standards in those agency's jurisdictions. Given how quickly the 20k or so new TDIs are selling, VW will certainly be back with new diesels after they sell off the glut of fixed TDIs.
VW already builds electric cars, they are not going to stop, they're only going to expand that lineup.

VW couldn't figure out how to meet the emission standards for the last 7 years, what makes you think they can meet the upcoming stricter requirements?

Not to mention the fact that VW already announced they will not be selling TDIs in the US anymore.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I can see VW possibly changing their tune if demand is strong enough. Apparently the tighter regs coming weren't enough to scare off GM and others.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
Same article says 2015 remaining inventory likely won't be sold, and more owners are opting for fix over buyback. Not saying that means the other is incorrect, but business decisions change.

Also, it's pretty clear that VW could have produced compliant TDIs between '08 and '15, but opted instead to keep costs in check by cheating. Whether they have the tech or economics to meet stricter 2020 standards, I haven't a clue.

moto7man

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI Six Speed
New TDI Owner and the TDIs are Selling Fast

After extensive preparation, I was at two VW dealers yesterday. I had been to several dealers in the last week checking prices and availability. There definitely is a rush, the diesels are moving quickly, some people are buying more than one. The TDIs with manual transmissions seem to be almost all gone. I was around the lots enough to see a lot of people taking deliveries and looking at the TDIs. I think VW will reintroduce the TDIs into the North American market, the sales demand will be too strong for them to ignore.
I bought a Jetta S six speed that I had a deposit on since January. I almost bought a Passat SE with the six speed manual, nice car but I went with the Jetta. 5500 0ff MSRP and the 72 month financing.
I drove a couple of DSGs and I was surprised at how smooth the DSG operated, it seemed real nice. When, I drove the manual six speed, wow...what a difference, the six speed manual just seems better suited to turbo diesel engine imho. I ripped up the interstate for 75 miles on the way home, what a great machine! I am very happy so far.:D

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
snip

....... the six speed manual just seems better suited to turbo diesel engine imho. I ripped up the interstate for 75 miles on the way home, what a great machine! I am very happy so far.
Concrats

When you get a fill up. let us know the MPG results:)

vee-uu

TDI
('99 Cabrio), '06 Golf HB 5MT, '15 GSW 6MT
Herbert Diess stated no more diesel from VW in North America. Happened sometime in Q4 last year and was reported in Handelsblatt.
"In September, Diess told Reuters at the Paris Auto Show the company was not yet ready to abandon diesel technology, and could continue to offer diesel models for the U.S. market."

To be continued...

Last edited:

kleinergti1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99.5,00,01 etc etc
Just was at dealer to purchase a 15 passat se 6 speed manual. $28610-5k. Kicker was car had 4535 miles on it from being salesman demo for 2 yrs. Only offered to take $450 off for mileage. Would not accept 20k for the car so i walked away

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Just was at dealer to purchase a 15 passat se 6 speed manual. $28610-5k. Kicker was car had 4535 miles on it from being salesman demo for 2 yrs. Only offered to take $450 off for mileage. Would not accept 20k for the car so i walked away
Something bad fishy here,:mad:

Did I read only units with less than 1,000 miles are eligible?:confused:

dieselpony

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL 6 speed manual Moonrock Silver
Good move - that's a lot of miles for a "new" car. Mine had 128 on it when I took it for a test drive.