Should i buy new 2015 golf TDI or should i wait for buybacks?

amitsekhon

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI,,,,,, 2010 X535D Diesel ,,,,,,,,,,,, 2002 Jetta manual TDI ALH (Sold)
Hi folks, Need a suggestion.I am thinking to buy 2015 Golf TDI (brand new but 2015 stock) with $5000 off from the stcker price with 0% financing for 5 years.
But another though coming to my mind is to wait and get a used buyback from VW?Does it make sense?Would buying a used buyback be a better deal/choice than buying a 2015 new (old stock)?Would market be flooded by used buybacks?Please help me to decide.Thanks

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
All depends on how many 2015 buy backs VW will have fixed and ready to offer. kinda a "bird in the hand" type situation.

Also do the lease and buy the lease out at the end, it'll save you extra coin.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Hi folks, Need a suggestion.I am thinking to buy 2015 Golf TDI (brand new but 2015 stock) <snip>
If this sounds like a good deal to you, by all means go for it. To me, "brand new but 2015 stock" is a contradiction in terms. "Hardly driven" is more appropriate. Just because a car has never been owned, driven only to "exercise" it, and carries a full warranty does not make it "brand new," IMHO.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
The new purchase is a no-brainer, IMHO. You get a car that nobody else has had their grubby fingers all over and that might have been driven harshly (cold oil WOT, etc) for tens of thousands of miles. The previous owner might also have neglected maintenance prior to buyback. Plus, the buybacks have also been sitting awhile now too, and the pricing on the used 2015s out there now is worse than the deals on the new ones, by a lot.

You get an 11 year/162,000 miles warranty covering the full high-cost emissions and fuel systems on the new car. You can finance it for free over six years on VW's dime. I had no need for another car and when I heard the offer I couldn't not buy one.

Just practice due diligence and make sure the car wasn't stored improperly. Check for any evidence of corrosion, rodent damage, etc. Mine was in new condition, smells new, has perfect paint, and I couldn't be any happier with the purchase.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Hi folks, Need a suggestion.I am thinking to buy 2015 Golf TDI (brand new but 2015 stock) with $5000 off from the stcker price with 0% financing for 5 years.

But another though coming to my mind is to wait and get a used buyback from VW?

Does it make sense?Would buying a used buyback be a better deal/choice than buying a 2015 new (old stock)?Would market be flooded by used buybacks?Please help me to decide.Thanks

My 2 cents.

Get the "new" car.

I have my cars.com sending me up-dates on "used" TDIs (for my particular TDI unit) ~~ 2015 TDi DSG Golf (S)

The prices are ridiculously high and are (mostly) dealer BB cars, that may have had poor care, as owned by some hateful previous owners.

BTW, when you own a "new" 2015, KBB is showing unbelievable retail values on the "used" units.

Good luck

amitsekhon

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI,,,,,, 2010 X535D Diesel ,,,,,,,,,,,, 2002 Jetta manual TDI ALH (Sold)
Thanks everybody for the suggestions!!

Does anybody know someone who recently bought the used buyback from the dealer?Just to get an idea of the price?I called different dealers and nobody is giving any clue about the price.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI

Does anybody know someone who recently bought the used buyback from the dealer?

Just to get an idea of the price? I called different dealers and nobody is giving any clue about the price.
Strange they have no price? Are you sure they even have a car for sale?

I just searched truecar.com -- used cars for sale. Give it a try.

As in buying any used car, stab low, and work you way up a few dollars at a time.

High to low prices are all over the place, with extremes in the multi thousands of $$$$s

Good luck

Dydx

TDI
2012 Golf TDI

Does anybody know someone who recently bought the used buyback from the dealer?Just to get an idea of the price?I called different dealers and nobody is giving any clue about the price.
I was looking at buying a 2015 demo that a dealership had. They wanted ~$29kCAD for a highline golf with 13,000kms and weren't budging. If it was me I would've taken a "new" one instead, they have just been sold out everywhere I asked for 1000s of kms from where I am, so I didn't end up with either.

Last edited:

Yawiney

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW DSG

When i was buying my "new" 2015, i asked about a pre-owned they had. The pre-owned had 13k miles on it and, though it was the higher trim model than my S, it would have cost the same $ or more. No rebates on the used ones = no brainer get the new one.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I was looking at buying a 2015 demo that a dealership had. They wanted ~$29kCAD for a highline golf with 13,000kms and weren't budging. If it was me I would've taken a "new" one instead, they have just been sold out everywhere I asked for 1000s of kms from where I am, so I didn't end up with either.

IF
29,000 CAD is equal to $21,000 & highline gold is like Golf (S) sounds about right. to me

I am not saying I would go at thar price. But, watching KBB and NADA (retail) has Golf (S) TDi priced over the moon.

FVWVWF

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2012 TDI Highline Manual
I just checked autotrader and they have Highline Golfs in Nanaimo for about 39K. :)
Im sure my post is a lot of help. Haha.

The Tortoise

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW Trendline - White

IF
29,000 CAD is equal to $21,000 & highline gold is like Golf (S) sounds about right. to me
Highline is the equivalent to the SEL.

The before tax price of a manual Highline with the 6k discount is just less than $32k including PDI and other stupid fees. This is also including the multimedia package.

If the one you're referencing was a DSG, $4500 for 13,000 km doesn't seem too bad.

amitsekhon

Veteran Member
TDI
OK So just finalized the deal on 2015 new old stock(last one in BC) Golf Trendline(lowest trim) with DSG auto transmission for $27030 Canadian(approx 20,000 US$) including 12%tax,499 documentation fee,$499 dealer prep and mats fee.I hope it's gonna be a good decision.Thanks

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
OK So just finalized the deal on 2015 new old stock(last one in BC) Golf Trendline(lowest trim) with DSG auto transmission for $27030 Canadian(approx 20,000 US$) including 12%tax,499 documentation fee,$499 dealer prep and mats fee.I hope it's gonna be a good decision.Thanks
Sounds like a good deal! Enjoy. :)