Today is the day for 3.0's

VWMark

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6M RIP, 2015 GSW SE TDI 6M, 2015 Q7 TDI
Since this seems to be the most active 3.0 thread, I'll ask here. Anyone get their doc's approved yet? My documents have been 'received and under review' since Friday, how long does this typically take?

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
I think I've seen some with docs approved. My ID was approved, but my proof of ownership (my registration) was rejected (erroneously). I uploaded a replacement document as proof of ownership on Friday, and it's still under review.

tydaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2003 GLI, 2003 TDI Wagon, 2010 TDI Sportwagen, 2010 Touareg v6TDI, 2005 TDI Wagon, current - 2006 v10TDI
Since this seems to be the most active 3.0 thread, I'll ask here. Anyone get their doc's approved yet? My documents have been 'received and under review' since Friday, how long does this typically take?
Yes. Submitted Thursday. Was told 2 docs are illegible. Took pics of said docs with my cell phone, uploaded them Friday morning, and they were accepted by Friday afternoon.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
Mine are accepted, but the language says claim administrator will determine final acceptance.

Ketch22

TDI
3.0 Audi Q7
Yes. All of my documents have been accepted.
BTW - The claims administrator at my local Audi dealer started today. She called and informed me that the official offer (the next step after document acceptance) should come in a few weeks. She also informed me that there will be NO PAYMENTS until July. Any hopes for a quicker process that the 2.0 process were misplaced. My Audi dealer is very anxious to sell me a car...they will be more disappointed than I. I love my Q7 and am in no hurry to sell it back.

opsx

TDI
tdi
Has anyone here who is doing multiple claims experienced major slowdowns in document acceptance? I feel like VWGoA is purposefully delaying accepting documents and generating offers when they see an account has multiple claims/vehicles. Am I crazy? ;) Are you guys that have multiple cars just using one account for the real claims?

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Interestingly, still don't have my uploaded insurance card reviewed as proof of ownership.

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
Any word on when we get get oil changes and adblue fill? I am due for both on multiple cars.

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
I called 800 number and they said dealerships should know what to do and schedule oil changes and adblue now. I called audi dealership and of course they had no clue but they called corporate and I just got a call back and the guy said they are only doing this for Gen 1 cars and he allowed me to schedule my appts to get my cars done. Weird that Gen 2 cars cant do it, it didnt classify only Gen 1 cars get the oil changes in the settlement right? Anyway your dealerships should be able to move forward on this.:)

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
I have lots of accepted documents, but none have come back as approved yet, so I cant complete the process.

Has anyone here who is doing multiple claims experienced major slowdowns in document acceptance? I feel like VWGoA is purposefully delaying accepting documents and generating offers when they see an account has multiple claims/vehicles. Am I crazy? ;) Are you guys that have multiple cars just using one account for the real claims?
6 clean title Gen I's and 3 Gen II's accepted and under review within hours. 1 Gen I with a salvage title still under review. No slow downs here,

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
Weird that Gen 2 cars cant do it, it didnt classify only Gen 1 cars get the oil changes in the settlement right? Anyway your dealerships should be able to move forward on this.:)

Actually, it did say this only for gen 1 cars. I have one of each and I may not have it done for my 2011, since I barely drive it.

opsx

TDI
tdi
I have lots of accepted documents, but none have come back as approved yet, so I cant complete the process.
6 clean title Gen I's and 3 Gen II's accepted and under review within hours. 1 Gen I with a salvage title still under review. No slow downs here,
Guess I'm just unlucky with this particular one. BTW, aren't salvage titles automatically ineligible for the buyback? What are you hoping happens there?

Michael A

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Touareg TDI Executive
What do you think are the chances of untimely fix or complete buyback on the Gen II's ? Have been contemplating picking up one or two myself, my concern at this point is the potential of the original owner having filled a claim already.

Last edited:

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
What do you think are the chances of untimely fix or complete buyback on the Gen II's ? Have been contemplating picking up one or two myself, my concern at this point is the potential of the original owner having filled a claim already.
Gen2 fix was accepted 5/19 (automatic only), so not sure what you are talking about wrt 'untimely fix' . . . ? ? ?

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Gen2 fix was accepted 5/19 (automatic only), so not sure what you are talking about wrt 'untimely fix' . . . ? ? ?
This thread is about the 3.0 V6 engine. That approval was with respect to the 2.0 4-cylinder in the Passat through 2014 only. Nothing's approved with respect to any of the 3.0 V6 engines yet.

VWMark

Veteran Member
TDI
I've had no movement, still seeing blue eyes since Friday.
Finally got some movement after about 6 days, now shows green checks and 'Document Complete' for all documents. Also got an email saying:

Next, your document package will be re-reviewed by the Court appointed Claims Supervisor to ensure completeness. If your document package is confirmed to be complete, we will proceed to determine your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the Diesel Emissions Settlement Program.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
Guess I'm just unlucky with this particular one. BTW, aren't salvage titles automatically ineligible for the buyback? What are you hoping happens there?
They aren't ineligible, the vehicle operates legally under it's own power, is currently registered and wasn't Salvaged before the 2015 cut off date.. It will be accepted, just needs an additional level of approval from VW.

No worries here!

jibberjive

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 GSW
... and wasn't Salvaged before the 2015 cut off date.. It will be accepted,
Even if it was salvaged before the 2015 cutoff date, it will/should still be accepted as long as it wasn't purchased from an insurance company/salvage yard/etc. after the Sept. 2015 date.

Lsu1981

TDI
Touareg Sport w/nav 2012
Question for those of you that have already completed the buyback

Does the vehicle have to still be registered when you turn it in?

I plan to garage it until I get appt. date/sell it back and want to save a few $$ and transfer the plates to another vehicle instead of keeping both registered.

Thanks,
Mike

---
2012 Touareg Sport
32,044 miles
Estimated buyback = $46,308.28
---

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm not sure honestly, and its somewhat irrelevant to me at this time. I purchased a 14 Q5 Prestige to replace the 12 Treg Lux a couple days after the settlement was announced. After driving the Q5 a couple thousand miles I realized that the fit and finish, switch gear, mileage and power and build are better than the VW it just wasn't as comfortable to me. I decided to keep looking for a replacement Touareg, specifically a Gen II. I have a down on a 14 Exec that has 21K miles. Contract price is $35K, it has $10K VW money on it and 5 months remaining factory warranty. I will be in it for $25K. I plan on selling the Q5 once the fix is approved, or not.

If you enter the VIN in the calculator and "claim" the vehicle you can see if there is a former owner or not.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
I have a down on a 14 Exec that has 21K miles. Contract price is $35K, it has $10K VW money on it and 5 months remaining factory warranty. I will be in it for $25K.

Excellent! Love both vehicles. The Q5 is a definite size down, no doubt. You got a good deal on the Treg. ?

VWMark

Veteran Member
TDI
Question for those of you that have already completed the buyback

Does the vehicle have to still be registered when you turn it in?

I plan to garage it until I get appt. date/sell it back and want to save a few $$ and transfer the plates to another vehicle instead of keeping both registered.

Thanks,
Mike

---
2012 Touareg Sport
32,044 miles
Estimated buyback = $46,308.28
---
Nobody has completed the buyback yet because they haven't started buying them back yet.

aat167

TDI
2014 Q7 TDI
Submitted my claim on May 24th and uploaded the documents at the same time. Within 2 hours, the status changed to Document complete.