A.c. blowing hot air

EMIX_468

TDI
Mk5
Ok heres the deal i have a 2008 mk5 jetta. When I press the recirc on the center console it makes a noise I realized it was the flap motor. Now if I replace that will it make a difference? My a.c. is only blowing hot air. When it's on all and even off.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
A couple of basics first:
A. Are your certain the AC cycle is working, and the issue is in the HVAC position controls?
B. Have you run a VCDS scan? Any codes & what does it show is occurring when the HVAC control setting are changed?

To me, this would be the first steps. If the above appeared to be operating normally, and no errant codes are being thrown, before diving into the center console, I suggest you try cleaning:
1. All the grounds in the car, especially the large one with the peach colored ground connector located one under the engine box. Each this forum, there are posts on it.
2. The battery cable connections; & all the connections.
3. All the fusible links & terminals located on the front, exterior face of the engine bay fuse/relay box.

I know the above does not make sense. But please know that voltage irregulars on the buss and in the system will cause many, many strange issues. The above is much much easier compared to accessing the HVAC control drive motors & sensors.

edge130

Veteran Member
TDI
Wife's 2009 Jetta TDI sedan (2009 - 2017)
Recirc

Your AC should come on regardless if it's in the Recic position or not (outside air)
The fan switch has to be at least in the low speed position for the ac to work.
And obviously the Ac switch