bmw 530d

MJW

Hi, I'm new to diesels but currently drive a bmw 530d. Does anyone know of any problems I should look out for?

spoilsport

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Golf GLS Silver (Sold). 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon Tiptronic (daughter's)
Yeah....a bunch of very jealous North American diesel car enthusiasts!

Eolair

Veteran Member
My father has a 523i, so I can´t tell you about the engine, but the for the rest of the car, the only problem my father had was some trouble with the door locks, but for the rest 40.000 trouble free kms.

CFriedriszik

Veteran Member
TDI
See signature
They have problems, too - like any other car manufacturer (this side of Toyota, maybe ;-)).
I heard lots about problems with the injection system and breakdowns due to it ... well, they will sort that out someday or already have.

Is yours a 184hp or a 193hp version ?

MJW

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CFriedriszik:
They have problems, too - like any other car manufacturer (this side of Toyota, maybe ;-)).
I heard lots about problems with the injection system and breakdowns due to it ... well, they will sort that out someday or already have.

Is yours a 184hp or a 193hp version ?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

its the 184bhp version - do you know anymore about the injection problem? should i discuss with my local dealer?

MJW

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by spoilsport:
Yeah....a bunch of very jealous North American diesel car enthusiasts!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, it seems pretty good to me (most passengers dont believe its a diesel - too quiet, too responsive and too fast!) I'll try not to be too smug and keep my fingers crossed that it lasts a long time and doesn't cost me a fortune in repairs!

christi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Peugeot 806, 607
If you want to protect the injection system, then buy and use (at every fillup) Millers Diesel Clean Plus.

It has a lubricity enhancer that protects the pump and a cetane improver that improves economy just enough that the stuff pays for itself, so it is free protection.

Get it from A1 Motor Stores.

------------------
SuperChipped 96 Passat TDI wagon
See my Peugeot / Passat site