MN Chat Thread

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Afton is in Washington County, as was the Jetta wagon in the CL post.

Merchlewitz

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
If this was the one in Afton, he came down to 4,000
Ha-ha nice originally be was askin 5900.. Did you end up getting it? I found a 02 Jetta with 185k miles, and the timing belt was just done at 177k. Has a few minor things Curious_Chris and I are fixing. Did the front brakes today will do the backs tomorrow . I also bought a new starter and will eventually do the suspension :).

jccgmn

TDI
2003 Jetta SW, 2005 Jetta SW, 2006 Beetle, 2006 Beetle, 2015 Golf SW
Picked it up on Sunday. Actually $4100. He was squirming over $4000 and my wife upped the offer to $4100 so we could get on with our day.

Merchlewitz

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Picked it up on Sunday. Actually $4100. He was squirming over $4000 and my wife upped the offer to $4100 so we could get on with our day.
Good stuff, I see you are from Stacy, my wife's parents live up near there. How many different things did you find out about the car?

jccgmn

TDI
2003 Jetta SW, 2005 Jetta SW, 2006 Beetle, 2006 Beetle, 2015 Golf SW
Not much. From paperwork, looks like timing belt was completed about 50,000 miles ago. Also found documentation on front bumper and drivers side repairs at Bills Auto.

Stan TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1997 1Z (RIP), 2002 Jetta GLS, 2002 Jetta GLS, 2006 Jetta Pkg 1
Hello friends! Picked up a 2001 Jetta with a blown engine and putting it all back together. Looking at things this poor car did not get the TLC it deserves. But we are making great progress and hope to have it back on the road within a couple of weeks. After this is all said and done, will likely have some ALH related parts for anyone interested. But the purpose of my post is to ask if anyone has vag Tacho so we can pull the SKC. The car came with only one key so we will getting another (likely from sidewinder). Getting the key is not the hard part. The IMMO sync to the new key is. Or if you have great experience dealing with new keys, I am all ears!

Last edited:

MPLSTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta DSG
Not much. From paperwork, looks like timing belt was completed about 50,000 miles ago. Also found documentation on front bumper and drivers side repairs at Bills Auto.
I had Bills auto do some work on my Jetta they do great work. I some how had got backed into just outside a GTG at Leppy's place maybe 6 years ago :-(

Last edited:

Stan TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
And just curious (since I just missed it) - did anyone on here grab that 2003 Golf GLS TDI for $3500 in Cambridge. I contacted the seller really early but someone still beat me to it. :(
Looked like an AMAZING deal for whomever pulled it off.

Namakan

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 2011 JSW (gone), 2004 Jetta (gone)
And just curious (since I just missed it) - did anyone on here grab that 2003 Golf GLS TDI for $3500 in Cambridge. I contacted the seller really early but someone still beat me to it. :(
Looked like an AMAZING deal for whomever pulled it off.
I was tempted as well even though I have a silver Golf already :)

Maybe Nick snapped it up for a song?

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Ha. I did go look at the b5 wagon that was for sale up here. Really rough car that had just about every body panel repainted for big money.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
I hope the Golf found a good home.
Yeah, there was a 4dr 5spd dark blue GLS for $600 a few weeks ago. "no turbocharger any more" so probably just a siezed vane actuator can.

Missed out on it by a couple hours, if that.

Stan TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf with blown turbo

Yeah, there was a 4dr 5spd dark blue GLS for $600 a few weeks ago. "no turbocharger any more" so probably just a siezed vane actuator can.

Missed out on it by a couple hours, if that.
You and me both my friend. :)

indigoTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
The wagon is going back in the shop for it's 3rd starter in 5 months! the last two have been kinda sluggish - and I wonder if the TDI has a bigger/more powerful starter than the 1.8 and if they are ordering the wrong part? If I plugged the car in this winter it would turn - but if below 30F it would barely budge - battery is only 2 years old. I think she's about to be replaced.

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Are these the "lifetime" warranty el cheapo starters?

To be fair I installed Bosch rebuild (purchased from idparts) and I haven't been satisfied with the longevity of that starter either. Started doing the overrun fairly quickly into its life.

indigoTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
Are these the "lifetime" warranty el cheapo starters?

To be fair I installed Bosch rebuild (purchased from idparts) and I haven't been satisfied with the longevity of that starter either. Started doing the overrun fairly quickly into its life.
yup, pretty sure - although I think they are a 1yr parts/labor.

Well, the garage is here to pick up the wagon - we'll see how this one goes.:rolleyes:

indigoTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
Also, I'm getting a lot of noise from the rear passenger wheel - pretty sure the bearing is going. How tough are they to replace? (intact the whole suspension is getting pretty weak and the front is making a slight clunking when at a full turn) yeah, it's time to move on...

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Please keep an eye out for a stolen TDI. Pretty hard to miss. Nogaro blue Audi A4 Avant.

Trying to upload pictures but the friggin server isn't working.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
Googled it, that is one SHARP color

Doubt I'll see it, but if I do, I'll follow them awhile.