Infotainment Turning Off and Disconnecting

gingerbarry62

TDI
2015 GSW TDI
I've had my 2015 GWTDI for other three years and it's been pretty rock steady. Of course the little issues, but nothing major up until a week ago.

The infotainment has come alive with a true mind of it's own. It goes black, turns off, reboots after approximately 5 minutes, no longer recognizes the Navigation SD card, the unit will stay on if i turn off the car and lock the doors. Yes, it's truly gone berserk. However the backup camera does seem to work normally for the most part.

Taking it to the dealership next week, but has anyone had this happen? Is there a fix or am I looking for replacement?

gingerbarry62

TDI
2015 GSW TDI
Update on the issue.

Of course the infotainment system starting working normally the day prior to me dropping off my GSW2015. When VW looked at it though, they noticed the operating system was "low" and they updated it. Navigation, though not a strong point and I use basically as a reference, not for ACTUAL navigation, has certainly been updated to show more not the screen in 3D view. Previously, the top 1/4 faded into blue sky or dark sky, now, the maps extend almost to the very top of the screen with perhaps only 1/10 or less, fading into blue sky or dark sky.
Overall the infotainment feels a bit snappier. I'll post the update version when my wife gets home with the car later today.
Very happily surprised about the update to the Navigation though.