vag mod worth doing

laminated

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Sportwagen
was in a 15 with this mod, makes that flat spot disappear in the accelerator
[Direct Acceleration - Throttle response]
With this mod, you can change the behavior of the accelerator. Option B provides a more linear acceleration without sudden deliveries.
1 - Module 44 - Power steering. then in security box enter Code (19249) after that
2 - Adaptation
3 - Select - switching driving profile
Choices :
A - Gradual, controlled by time
B - Directly controlled threshold value

Grigg3

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta wagon, 15 Golf wagon
This made my manual drive more predictable, when shifting can now manipulate the throttle, matching speeds for smooth gear changes like in the older cars. Like it should be.

I wondered if MPG would suffer and seems to not have bothered it at all, at least with my driving style.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
best 10 minutes with a laptop . . . ever

sands80

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6MT SEL
I've heard about this mod - just curious- why does this setting come standard from VW - what is the purpose of a non-linear throttle for the everyday driver?

I had assumed that the speed and the responsiveness of the TDI was slow (because it was a diesel).

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Probably because they do not want unintended wheelspin on a small FWD car with a small V8's worth of torque on tap not much off idle.

There are LOTS of modern cars that nerf the output of the engine at lower speeds and/or in lower gears.

This is why my old VAG diesels were so fantastic in the snow, even just being FWD with no locking diff or traction control of any kind. With only 52hp and around 85tq, it simply didn't have the power to spin the tires, even in snow. It just slugged right on through like a yak.

The Tortoise

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW Trendline - White
Throttle Response + Starting Vibrations + Dynamic steering are the holy trinity of Mk7 Vag-Com/OBD11 changes.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I've heard about this mod - just curious- why does this setting come standard from VW - what is the purpose of a non-linear throttle for the everyday driver?
My only guess for that extra .5MPG by smoothing out response. EPA numbers are key.

sohccammer427

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDi 6 Speed Manual
Does anyone know if this mod is programmable on a '15 Passat EA288? Mine is also a six speed.
If it is, I have a a vagcom and will try it.
If hammer give it a thumbs up, it's worth looking into.

Divinitous

TDI
None Yet.
Buyback'd in my '12 TDI for a '15 TDI and was really disappointed in the car. Almost to the point where I would be itching for the warranty period to expire so I could get a tune.

That was until I did this FIX. Big change in the car and how it drove. To me it drives about the same as my '12.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Does anyone know if this mod is programmable on a '15 Passat EA288? Mine is also a six speed.

I'd have to wager its not, reports of it not available on a '15 Beetle which is based on the Jetta electronics, which the Passat is in similar boat.

That being said, a tune with it's negatives, def puts some boogy in a '15 Passat.

sohccammer427

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDi 6 Speed Manual
I'd have to wager its not, reports of it not available on a '15 Beetle which is based on the Jetta electronics, which the Passat is in similar boat.
That being said, a tune with it's negatives, def puts some boogy in a '15 Passat.
I did give it a try, was able to navigate to the security code input screen but the code 19249 was invalid. Referred me to the service manual for a valid code.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
ill add this to my list of things to do with VCDS after I get my car back from Phase 2 next week.

was in a 15 with this mod, makes that flat spot disappear in the accelerator
[Direct Acceleration - Throttle response]
With this mod, you can change the behavior of the accelerator. Option B provides a more linear acceleration without sudden deliveries.
1 - Module 44 - Power steering. then in security box enter Code (19249) after that
2 - Adaptation
3 - Select - switching driving profile
Choices :
A - Gradual, controlled by time
B - Directly controlled threshold value

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Tried to find this mod on my dads '15 passat for about two hours to no prevail. Dad was bummed because he loved the mod in my '15 Golf.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
0-2 means one less reason I need to break out the laptop an VCDS and trying it on our Passat.

Still need to shut off auto door locks.