Tuning Advice

dantro

Veteran Member
TDI
transporter 88
Ok guys i'm afte a bit of advice i'm running a 2.5tdi AJT mods already done are larger inlet manifold (similar to the euro150hp), hybrid turbo (k14 KKK), de-cat straight through twin, re-mapped, bosch injectors and bosio .216 powerplus nozzles and i'm looking for more, is there anything without busting the bank? would like to achieve 250hp if poss :)

Last edited:

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
Have you tried a tune? Maybe a clutch to handle extra power. Shouldn't be hard to reach your power you want with the size of engine you have. What are you currently at HP wise? Remember the basics. More air in, more air out, more fuel in, better timing. Cover those bases and you can make a lot of HP.

dantro

Veteran Member
TDI
transporter 88
already tuned, it's around the 200 mark, the trouble is knowledgei don't know an awefull lot myself and resources are a bit naf! Is there a bigger turbo that can be used as a direct replacement with no messsing around?

im570rm

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi quattro
i think you might need some bigger nozzles as well not only a bigger turbo.

im570rm

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi quattro
.216 are a bit too small for your goal,r520 would do the trick

Last edited:

fjtwelve

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Audi 2.5TDi A6 Avant 180hp modified 2004 A4 Avant 1.9TDi quattro Sport 130hp + Superchip, 1997 Audi A4 TDI SE 90hp now sold
Mine is the 177hp AKE engine. Have fitted Race683s to mine, has enabled us to get a lot more fuel in and currently being remapped again. Couldn't get it to smoke with the PP683s, no problem now. Who are you using to do your remap?