www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Fuels & Lubricants

Fuels & Lubricants Discussion all about Fuels & Lubricants. synthetic oil, conventional oil, brands, change intervals, diesel grades, gelling and such debated items like that. Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed. This forum is NOT for the discussion of biodiesel and other alternative fuels.

Old September 28th, 2014, 09:46   #76
Terrific-In-Tahoma
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 3.0/5.1/7.0 Hwy/Avg/City

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarfBLAST View Post
Red River Co-op is only in Winnipeg as far as I can tell?

That is cool that they have so much more detail on their website than anyone else: http://www.rrcoop.com/RR/products.jsp
Red River Co-Op fuels have changed their website.

The new link for petroleum products is:
https://www.rrcoop.com/products.php

TDIclub.com
Terrific-In-Tahoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2014, 18:01   #77
jptbay
Veteran Member

FYI

Husky has discontinued its Diesel Max additive program spring 2014. Although many retail pumps still have a Diesel Max sticker on them, additive is no longer added.

Shell regular and V-Power diesel is the same, comes from the same tank. Stations that have V-power have additional additive injected at the retail pump, when you fill your car.
2003 Beetle, 18/56, 3 Bar MAP, 11mm pump, Bosio R520's, Cat fuel filter, PD lift pump, Kerma OMI, Kerma tune, IDParts lower boost pipe, Tyrolsport SMIC, Turbo S fender liner, PD150 intake w/racepipe, IDParts 2.5" stainless downpipe & 2.5" straight exhaust, ARP headstuds, ASV Pistons, I.E. I-Beam rods, BFI stage 1 mounts, Spec stage 3+ clutch/18lb flywheel, R axles, VR6 spindles, GLI big brakes F&R, 17" Enkei RPF1's, Koni FSD's, Evolution skid plate, McNally 30 PSI boost/EGT gauge, OEM HID's ...
jptbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2014, 12:47   #78
Lat
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptbay View Post
FYI

Husky has discontinued its Diesel Max additive program spring 2014. Although many retail pumps still have a Diesel Max sticker on them, additive is no longer added.

Shell regular and V-Power diesel is the same, comes from the same tank. Stations that have V-power have additional additive injected at the retail pump, when you fill your car.

That's unfortunate. Do you have a source?

I've been going without additive for the last 5ish years, purely because DieselMax is the same price as other D2. Looks like I'll have to stop being lazy and start using Power Service white for every fillup.
Lat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 02:11   #79
jptbay
Veteran Member

I have ties to the industry. Sorry to be cryptic, but better to be careful.
2003 Beetle, 18/56, 3 Bar MAP, 11mm pump, Bosio R520's, Cat fuel filter, PD lift pump, Kerma OMI, Kerma tune, IDParts lower boost pipe, Tyrolsport SMIC, Turbo S fender liner, PD150 intake w/racepipe, IDParts 2.5" stainless downpipe & 2.5" straight exhaust, ARP headstuds, ASV Pistons, I.E. I-Beam rods, BFI stage 1 mounts, Spec stage 3+ clutch/18lb flywheel, R axles, VR6 spindles, GLI big brakes F&R, 17" Enkei RPF1's, Koni FSD's, Evolution skid plate, McNally 30 PSI boost/EGT gauge, OEM HID's ...
jptbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2014, 15:35   #80
NarfBLAST
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 5.8 - 4.5 (40 - 52)

Sorry, this thread was sort of dead and I am not driving a diesel anymore so I am not really interested in updating it. The information in post#1 is four years old (last edited in 2010) so it sort of makes sense to start a new thread if there is enough interest in Canadian CETANE ratings.

Will someone take up the torch and start a new thread? I would be happy to put the link in post#1 of this thread.

edit: maybe there is already a thread for Canadian Cetane ratings? Let me know.
Sprint 520's / RC3 / sweet turbo delete
The NARFmobile blog / push button ignition / thrustmaster shifter / http://youtube.com/narfblast
NarfBLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2018, 07:23   #81
colezy9
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarfBLAST View Post
Sorry, this thread was sort of dead and I am not driving a diesel anymore so I am not really interested in updating it. The information in post#1 is four years old (last edited in 2010) so it sort of makes sense to start a new thread if there is enough interest in Canadian CETANE ratings.

Will someone take up the torch and start a new thread? I would be happy to put the link in post#1 of this thread.

edit: maybe there is already a thread for Canadian Cetane ratings? Let me know.
Any updated information or another thread somewhere?
colezy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2018, 07:49   #82
NarfBLAST
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 5.8 - 4.5 (40 - 52)

I was just at a Husky the other day and they had "Diesel Max" labels still stuck to the pump. No telling what the actual cetane rating was.

Its 40 minimum in Canada, otherwise, *nobody cares, apparently. (*nobody means none of the big fuel suppliers)

My only advice is: Drive more, worry less.

If you are taking your diesel to a race track maybe consider importing some synthetic diesel, but if you are at this level you probably already know about that.

I am just thankful I don't have to worry about different grades of gasoline and the ridiculous price differences between them.

I am driving the Volkswagen again, which is nice. My other car is a 2014 Honda Odyssey which averages twice the fuel consumption, but it uses regular gas, which is down to 90 cents a litre around here vs 120 cents for diesel. I still come out ahead every day I can cram all of the kids into the Volkswagen; diesel would have to go up to 180 cents before driving the gasoline vehicle broke even!

Diesel on my friends.
Sprint 520's / RC3 / sweet turbo delete
The NARFmobile blog / push button ignition / thrustmaster shifter / http://youtube.com/narfblast

Last edited by NarfBLAST; December 6th, 2018 at 07:54.
NarfBLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2018, 09:45   #83
Jetta_Pilot
Veteran Member

Location: West Hill, Ont. Mexico mid October 2018 to end of April 2019

Husky claims that their Diesel is a higher cetane rating than others regular Diesel! The claim that Husky Max is 2-3 points higher.
All LED interior bulbs. Several VCDS mods. Darker window tint. EVO skid-plate. Malone Stage 2, Malone DSG tune. Winpower Projector headlights. Angel eyes. LED DRL's. 24mm H&R rear sway bar. Phase 1 & Phase 2 done.
Jetta_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote