Driver interior door handle trim peeling

Cali TDI

TDI
2014 passat se manual
As the thread title states, the interior driver door handle trim is starting to peel off. Anyone run into this before? Is it possible to replace just the trim or is replacement of the entire handle needed?

Car is a 2014 passat with about 17k miles. Kind of disappointed with something like that not lasting. Any part numbers handy? Or I just might hit the junkyard and see if I can find one.

http://imgur.com/Qlc0KjU

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
561-837-019-A-UBN (Drivers Side)
561-837-020-A-UBN (Passengers Side)

Not common per se, but not unheard of.

torqueit

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
Happened on the inside of my drivers door handle. Not noticeable when looking at it so I'm going to leave it for now.

Maybe VW will fix it when they buy mine back in a few months. :cool:

Zoso

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Same issue happening on my 2015 but on the passenger side. The cuts my son's fingers. Unfortunately my car has 40k on the clock and out of warranty.

Lincoln

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6 Speed MT
Same issue happening on my 2015 but on the passenger side. The cuts my son's fingers. Unfortunately my car has 40k on the clock and out of warranty.
If you're waiting on a repair because of the buy-back, you could just wrap it in electrical tape or duct tape for now, so at least it doesn't cut your son's hand. Heck, that's worth the two minutes even if you're just waiting until a weekend to swap out the handle.

208TDI

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Bumping this thread because I just bought a 2015 Passat and my passenger side door handle is doing this as well. Was thinking of applying some kind of expoxy or clear coat type finish to it to take the edge off/stop it from spreading, but maybe this is something that'll be covered under my bumper to bumper warranty?

Girlfriend got a scrape on her finger from it ONE TIME and hasn't stopped calling my car the "Death mobile that lacerated my finger" since.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I believe it is covered under warranty, but I am not completely sure.

But even if it’s not, list price is less than $20

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
Just replaced the drivers door handle on my 14 passat at 68k, word to the wise, just go ahead and order the door panel clip things. Especially if the door has ever been apart before, my latch was replaced 3 years ago.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Perfect, anyone have door clip part numbers?

found it 7L6-868-243

Last edited: