06 BRM in 13 Passat 2.5L??

TDI
2006 Jetta MK5
Has anyone put a BRM in newer chassis? There is a 2013 Passat 2.5 SE automatic local with a trashed engine. Since I have already put $1500 into my 06 brm dsg auto trans (rusty body)... I had half a thought to put my brm dsg into this newer Passat.

What are my challenges???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
Challenges = Everything.

Either sell the BRM engine/transmission and get a cheap 2012/13 Passat TDI or find another 06 Jetta. Electrical systems alone would be a huge challenge

TDI
2006 Jetta MK5
Challenges = Everything.

Either sell the BRM engine/transmission and get a cheap 2012/13 Passat TDI or find another 06 Jetta. Electrical systems alone would be a huge challenge

Thanks... I don’t know much about the common rail tdi’s but believe I heard turbo issues among other things... don’t know if I want to spend $6-$10k on a common rail and then need to dump in another $2k in reliability repairs right away.

The only real reason to ditch my BRM is higher miles on the chassis... I find myself being nickeled and dimed left and right, and mostly at inconvenient times. Like a bearing in the middle of winter when the shop is full! That and the 06 BRM has the common rocker rust and I just got a better job with longer commute.

Just examining reliable options with good mpgs. Looked at 2011+ touareg’s with 3.0tdi too. Trade off my 02 Audi, 06brm, and my 02 2500hd into one better vehicle...

Choices choices...

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
Just realize, the newer cars with DPF/Ad blu/etc tend to keep the CEL (from sensors, clogged filters, etc.) on much more than the older ones

So reliable is a relative term

TDI
2006 Jetta MK5
Just realize, the newer cars with DPF/Ad blu/etc tend to keep the CEL (from sensors, clogged filters, etc.) on much more than the older ones

So reliable is a relative term

We don’t have annual inspections here... DPF’s, ad-blu, and egr’s wouldn’t be missed... just sayin... have been pretty tempted several times to get the right transmission and other bits from Europe here to do an alh swap into my 02 awd Audi A4 Avant 5spd... then reality sets in on time and cost on that project and I look into buying a 2013 Passat CR TDi or Prius Awd-e...

Last edited: