You know you love your 2012 NMS Passat TDI when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niner

duplicate account, banned
you fill up at the pump, burp the tank numerous times until almost overflowing, and you just got another 50+ MPG tank out of your car. Has happened to me twice now in my 6 Man.

kydsid

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
...when... you pass the 2012 2.5 Passat going up hill on the freeway cause he is all out of power...

Aja1

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
...when you realize there is no other car, at any cost, that can do what ours does the way that it does it.

surroundsound64

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDi
When you fit 2 adults, a two year old, a 10 mo old, a double stroller, a tricycle and luggage for a 4 day trip for all 4 in it, have more leg room than in your wife's Tahoe, and get over 40mpg doing it!

skinnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
When you have friends or co workers ride with you and when you mention it is a diesel they don't believe you. Have a friend that after 2 months still didn't believe me till I went to fill up one day with him in the car and I proved it to him that I do indeed put diesel fuel in it...

gergg

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6M
you fill up at the pump, burp the tank numerous times until almost overflowing, and you just got another 50+ MPG tank out of your car. Has happened to me twice now in my 6 Man

I hear ya, I've had several tanks over 50mpg's too, the one I'm working on now is at 52+ mpg's.....Love this car :p

tdiot

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI 350000mi, Mercedes E320 CDI, 96 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 96 Serro Scotty Cummins RV, 93 Toyota Hilux 4x4 3.0 TD.
This is getting a little creepy.................................:eek::D

NateM

TDI
2012 Passat TDI Manual
When you constantly correct people about diesel in the tank, not gas!

FLIPTDI

TDI
Passat TDI SEL
When you manage to fit a 10' x 13' oriental rug in the trunk, with room to spare, and can still close the trunk lid.

gergg

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6M
50+mpg? How???
By driving a 6M TDI Passat, in temps above 50 degrees, below 65mph on the highway.......and with great care everywhere else seedling :D

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
So jealous us B5 Passat buyers got forced into a slushbox. :mad: I bet I could get close to 50MPG too with the proper gearbox. Hopefully I'll have a fix for that before too long. Congrats on your new rides, guys! The MPG of those is really amazing, go AdBlue! :)

eatpasta

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
yeah I took 5 adults and 5 golf bags in my car the other day in perfect comfort.

They were all standing around arguing about taking two cars and I walked in on all of it.

"Lets just take the Passat"

my favorite is when someone in the back seat spies the computer says the car is still averaging around 40.

:rolleyes:

Niner

yeah I took 5 adults and 5 golf bags in my car the other day in perfect comfort.

They were all standing around arguing about taking two cars and I walked in on all of it.

"Lets just take the Passat"

my favorite is when someone in the back seat spies the computer says the car is still averaging around 40.

:rolleyes:
5 adults? That's hauling A$$!

321drvr

TDI
2012 TDI Passatt SEL Prem. Chevy Volt
Passat YESSS

You drive from Northern Indiana to South FLA in 17 hours averaging 45.7MPG over 1200 miles and still have a third of a tank on my first fill up

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
You drive from Northern Indiana to South FLA in 17 hours averaging 45.7MPG over 1200 miles and still have a third of a tank on my first fill up
??? HUH??? third of a tank left over? Do the Guiness people know about this?

Niner

??? HUH??? third of a tank left over? Do the Guiness people know about this?
LOL, Must be new math... he didn't say how many miles were on the car when he first filled it up, after the dealership filled it up when he bought it. That's my guess.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I think he means he filled once on the trip and had a third of that tank left when he arrived. Most cars would have filled 2 or 3 times on a trip to FL.

Hawk60

TDI
2012 passat Sel
When u buy one and less than a month later 4 people you know trade in their trucks, jeeps, and SUVs to get the same vehicle. I'm probably the dealership's best salesman.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
When u buy one and less than a month later 4 people you know trade in their trucks, jeeps, and SUVs to get the same vehicle. I'm probably the dealership's best salesman.
A lot of friends and co-workers have expressed interest in the Passat after hearing about it. I need to steal it from Jason one day and show it off at work.

MaynardLD50

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
you stare at the real time MPG gauge while driving city and curse the other Chicago drivers driving FASTER towards a red light, sneering at you as you coast... "Don't you realize you're giving up precious MPG!?"

njtdifan

TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT
You watch with interest at the posted mileage figures, but you can choose to run up the numbers OR have a blast rowing through the gears...

Scratchy101

Veteran Member
TDI
Returned 2012 Golf TDI, now 2015 Mazda CX-5 & 2018 Nissan Leaf SV
You watch with interest at the posted mileage figures, but you can choose to run up the numbers OR have a blast rowing through the gears...
Looking at your Fuelly, I see that you filled up 3 times on April 18th.
You must have been driving like a madman to use up all that fuel in 24hrs :eek:

Niner

You do a deal and get the best price possible, finding a Passat TDI SE 6 Man in a neighboring state for a complete stranger Newbie on TDI club over the internet and the phone, finding him EXACTLY what he was looking for, the rarest Passat TDI model known. $25100 for V2squared of Kingman AZ, all he had to do was send an email, give a phone number, put $1000 down to hold the car for 2 weeks until he could get down to Tucson, AZ to pick it up. No haggling, all the negotiating was done up front by me. 5-18-12 was his lucky day to pick up what was in stock, no 3 month wait. Glacier Blue with Cornsilk interior, cool colors for hot temps of the desert Southwest.

BTW, Larry H Miller VW in Phoenix, AZ has a Glacier Blue TDI SE with DSG in stock right now, if someone is looking... they keep calling me wanting me to buy my second 2012 Passat Tdi after telling me 2 + weeks ago they could get a 6 man for me. Tell them Niner from TDI club sent you for the best price possible, you expect $1800 off of MSRP.

Edit: Don't know who, but someone took my advice, this car is gone, sold, has a new home.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.