Unlock all doors with one click

Luis G

TDI
2006 Jetta
Does anyone know how to program the car to unlock all the doors with one push of the key fob?

I have a VAG-COM. I just need the seq.

Thanks,

I could not find it in the vag-com tweaks.

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
46 - Central Convenience: -- KWP1281
Only on vehicles with power windows. VAG-COM fine. There are numerous options/ features that can be set.

Selective Unlocking:

[Select]
[46 - Cent. Conv.] (35 - Cent. Locking for manual window cars)
[Recode - 07]
Write down the existing coding for future reference.
Enter 5-digit code from below
[Do It!]

Look at the existing Soft. Coding. If you have selective unlocking (press the unlock button on the remote once to open the driver's door, twice to open all the doors) the last digit of your coding should be an even number. To make all doors unlock, add 1 to the coding.

So, if you have a 2-door 2002 GTI that is coded for selective unlocking (00064) add one to make it 00065 so that all doors unlock with one press of the unlock button.

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
That's possible... this is the only reference to that I've ever found on Ross-Tech. Try at your own risk...

Addendum: Thx 40x40, I wasn't sure...

alan_f

TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen, 2005.5 Jetta
Possibly a silly question, but can't you just change that setting through the menus in the dash?

Oh never mind -- I just noticed yours is a 2006.

Luis G

TDI
2006 Jetta
Thanks I will try on Wed. when my wife brings the car back from her trip.

Let you know then

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
Did this on a local guy's Rabbit a week or so ago..

Just thumb through Cent Conv. long coding helper. It's in there and plain as day. Uncheck the box and you're there.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Tim Birney said:
Exactly why YOU DO NOT Want This Feature!

Please, think about it. ! ! !

I am not sure, but Tim may be referring to a security issue when your wife is alone and with ONE click she unlocks all the doors at once thereby letting some threatening fellow climb in the door on the other side of the car.

No problem. Your wife is a Texan. Bang!! Problem solved. My wife will handle it the same way....:)

Bill

Tim Birney

Veteran Member
TDI
05.5 TDI
Luis G said:
If my wife was alone what would stop someone from just going to the drivers side....
Nothing (except a loaded gun) would stop anyone from approaching the driver's side, but your wife would easily see whover it could be, and run away, or lock the door (singular).

Unlocking all doors with a single click is not on the top of my list for personal safety, whether you are Male, or Female.

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
I'm sure Luis has probably thought through the possible downsides of this mod. In the end, it a personal choice. For myself, not only do I have all my doors unlock w/a single press of the remote but I have all the doors automatically unlock when I remove the key from the ignition. FWIW, I'd be a bit more concerned if he asked how to disable the automatic door locking @ 8 mph. Even so, it's his car and choice.

Luis G

TDI
2006 Jetta
Tim Birney said:
Nothing (except a loaded gun) would stop anyone from approaching the driver's side, but your wife would easily see whover it could be, and run away, or lock the door (singular).

Unlocking all doors with a single click is not on the top of my list for personal safety, whether you are Male, or Female.
My 98 Jetta only has one option, Unlock all the doors with one click. And really dont think about it where ever I am..
Besides with two kids with her all the time it is just easier..
And like FlyTDI Guy said. My car and my choice.. but thanks for your concern.

Luis G

TDI
2006 Jetta
Worked great.. :)

just had to un-check Selective Central Locking (single Door Opening) in the long coding helper

Thanks for all the Help

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
Luis G said:
Worked great.. :)

just had to un-check Selective Central Locking (single Door Opening) in the long coding helper

Thanks for all the Help
Did you also set the bytes to raise and/or lower your windows and/or sunroof by pressing the remote? Nice to have on a hot day to vent the car out before you get in and to be able to raise the windows from the house when you notice it has started to rain:rolleyes:

Luis G

TDI
2006 Jetta
I did.... My wife thought she would never use it. but now that it is over 100 degrees:eek: everyday down here, she uses it all the time.;)