SOLD: Heavily Modified 2005 4-door Golf TDI

USMCFieldMP

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Can you post a couple engine bay pictures? And what part of DFW are you?

I miss my MK4 GTI, but I'm not sure I can justify the asking price to myself, so I'm going to need to do some real contemplating on it.

I haven’t had any issues getting warranty work done with my Malone tunes.
I haven't had trouble getting warranty work with my Kerma tune either.

bhsramz

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta; 2005 JSW; 2010 Touareg w/ Air
Surprised this hasn't sold already.
@Sardo_67 this is the car you have always been waiting for going back years now!
There were a couple people who just missed buying this car when I did, and one tried to buy it from me before I got it off the trailer. However, I don't remember @Sardo_67 being one of them. I drove to Austin during a rare Texas snow storm and towed it home, which was an experience.

I have had a few people interested, but most have a TDI they want to replace with this one. I am not surprised it is taking a while to find a new owner, though.

bhsramz

Veteran Member
TDI
Can you post a couple engine bay pictures? And what part of DFW are you?
I miss my MK4 GTI, but I'm not sure I can justify the asking price to myself, so I'm going to need to do some real contemplating on it.
I haven't had trouble getting warranty work with my Kerma tune either.
Yes, I will add some engine bay pics. I think I have some on my phone I can upload. If you remember David of Driver's Fire from the Haslet area that was selling GTB2260 kits, that is where mine came from. The intercooler piping kits were welded by a coworker of his from a local aircraft manufacturer, and the work is very good quality.

The car is in Lewisville right now. I have been thinking about taking it over to Steve Glover's shop in Ft. Worth so he can help me find a buyer. He has done a lot of my maintenance, so if you know him you can ask him about the condition.

I know my asking price is high, but it is a starting point and I am open to offers. Send me a PM and we can discuss on the phone sometime.

bhsramz

Veteran Member
TDI
I wasn't able to add any more pics to the post with other pics, but here is the engine bay:

bhsramz

Veteran Member
TDI
Here is a bump with a link to the build thread for the transmission in this car. It is probably the best manual transmission I have driven. I will add this to the first post too.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=180541

It's tax time, so this car is probably going to sell soon! ;)

bhsramz

Veteran Member
TDI
Is this car still available?

Free bump
Yes, the Golf is still available. I had a couple of locals interested but nothing serious recently.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

hyoomen

TDI
2002 Golf GLS 5-speed; indigo blue; ~180k miles; stock (*WRECKED*). 2002 Jetta 4spd Auto (01M), indigo blue, ~246k mi, stock
I glanced over this beast the other day when I was out at Steve's shop to pickup a turbo core. Man do I want that car.

bhsramz

Veteran Member
TDI
I glanced over this beast the other day when I was out at Steve's shop to pickup a turbo core. Man do I want that car.
Thanks, it is definitely fun to drive when it is making boost!

So for anyone else that knows Steve, the car is at his shop right now, and will be until we get the turbo actuator replaced. I thought Darkside sent me the correct replacement, but apparently it is not going to bolt right up so Steve and I are working out a solution.

Steve or Marin over in Dallas are the ones that have done all of the major service on the Golf. I am sure they could give a prospective buyer plenty of details on the mechanical condition and how I have maintained it.

hyoomen

TDI
2002 Golf GLS 5-speed; indigo blue; ~180k miles; stock (*WRECKED*). 2002 Jetta 4spd Auto (01M), indigo blue, ~246k mi, stock
When I was at Steve's shop, he and his assistant (on whose name I drawing a blank), they both noted it was an impressive car in remarkably nice condition (my interpretation, don't recall their specific words).

I mentioned that it continues to entice me, though I wasn't sure I could realistically condone such an expense given the high odometer. Steve's assistant's response? "That ain't nothing but a number, for a car like that, it does not mean a thing."

He then went on to speak favorably of the car's aesthetics -- especially the seats.

*sigh* if only I knew when I'd be working again... #stagehandlife

bhsramz

Veteran Member
TDI
Sounds like something Chris would say. I appreciate the unbiased impression after seeing it in person, and I am sure others eyeing this car do too.

It is a good vehicle, and I have tried to do it justice by maintaining it well. That is part of the reason my asking price is high. However, I realize that economic conditions have changed since I first listed it. I have been thinking about reducing my asking price again, but until I decide just know I am open to offers.

hyoomen

TDI
Copy you. Honestly, if it was a wagon w/ even half of the mods and similar quality, I'd have already begged/borrowed/burgled to make it happen. GF is determined that my next vehicle has room to sleep for when/if work ever comes back.

bhsramz

Veteran Member
TDI
I can understand. We have a 2005 wagon that I got from Steve, and it is a great car. It had low miles, but the interior was trashed. It was a repossessed vehicle and apparently the PO decided to send it back to the lender in bad shape.

Well, of course Steve has plenty of donors, so we stripped the interior and rebuilt it. It is black on black with custom audio and thermal/sound insulation now. No power mods, but it is really nice on the road so my wife isn't letting go of it any time soon.

I hope things are looking up for you soon! We got Kraftwerk tickets for the summer, and are definitely going to be bummed to miss that show.