keyless programming instructions

cjric

Veteran Member
I got a switchblade keyfob today and would like to program it to unlock the doors/trunk. I've searched here and vwvortex and I either get "look in owners manual" (dont have one) or, I've found 2 or 3 other conflicting sets of instructions.
Could someone with a 99.5 or 2000 Jetta copy their manual instructions for me?
TIA!!

cjric

Veteran Member
[ QUOTE ]
Vectorer said:
Ric: The procedure for your Jetta is here.

Do you have your SKC? It should be a 4-digit number.

Let me know and we can give it a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats one of the procedures I tried, with no luck. I only have a valet style key (opens everything though) and the problem I'm running into is that I need two keys that are cut the same. Sounds like the VAG-COM is the only way to program my remote.
I plan on getting a blank and having it cut, but would like to use the remote in the meantime.
Thanks Dave! I should be getting the MAF in the next day or two and will give you a call. Maybe we can get this remote to work too. How can I get the SKC #?

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
[ QUOTE ]
cjric said:
I plan on getting a blank and having it cut, but would like to use the remote in the meantime.
How can I get the SKC #?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you only have one key, then yes, you need a Vag-com to program a remote. But you do not need a SKC. The SKC is for programming a new key to be recognized by the immobilizer. You won't need that till you get a new key cut. Just to get the remote to work is a simple procedure with the Vag-com as indicated in my link above.

MrEd

TDI
Relfex silver 2001 Golf TDI GLS, 5 speed
So, can I program either the key from my 2000 Passat or the one from my 2001 Golf to work(unlock/lock/start)on both cars so I don't have such a bulky key ring?

I have Hex-USB Vag-Com.