Vag-com in Southeast NB

Maritimer

TDI
2012 Touareg previous;2000 Golf
Looking for someone in Southeast NB or Amherst NS area who has a VAG-COM and willing to use it on my 2012 VW Touareg TDI, got another darn CEL and my glowplug light came on while driving.

Thanks!

Rembrant

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
Looking for someone in Southeast NB or Amherst NS area who has a VAG-COM and willing to use it on my 2012 VW Touareg TDI, got another darn CEL and my glowplug light came on while driving.

Thanks!
I can let you know next time I'm passing through...usually a couple times a month, but often during weird hours.

Rem

Maritimer

TDI
Great thanks! I also get to St John, Fredericton, Charlottetown and Halifax every once in a while. Are you in one of those places?

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
I'm from Maine and didn't find them much different than the ones we have at home. I did find it odd they take the plow truck off the road during storms on PEI. At home they are out while it's snowing. Your roads are also much better than ours, both in terms of fewer potholes and being cleaned up.

Rembrant

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
I did find it odd they take the plow truck off the road during storms on PEI. At home they are out while it's snowing. Your roads are also much better than ours, both in terms of fewer potholes and being cleaned up.
Yeah, our "free" healthcare is starting to cost too much, so we're getting rid of other things we don't need...like snow plows, fire trucks, etc...LOL.

Our highways are in pretty good shape these days....with the exception of that awful stretch between Moncton and the Nova Scotia border, the rest of it is pretty smooth going.

Rem

Maritimer

TDI
Yup, just outside Halifax. I travel to Saint John and back once a month, sometimes twice.

Rem
Rembrant; I'll pm you the next time I'on on my way to Halifax if I still got my CEL. BTW I'm not far for the Confederation Bridge so I can meet you in Aulac the next time you pass by.

Thanks and personally I love all the snow we got, reminds how winter it suppose to be here

Rembrant

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
Rembrant; I'll pm you the next time I'on on my way to Halifax if I still got my CEL. BTW I'm not far for the Confederation Bridge so I can meet you in Aulac the next time you pass by.

Thanks and personally I love all the snow we got, reminds how winter it suppose to be here
Cool beans. I don't currently have a trip to Saint John planned, but they're usually at least once a month, and sometimes with little notice.

I always have my Scangauge with me, so I can check and clear current and pending DTC's with that, and I always have my laptop with me as well, so it would just be a matter of me remembering to grab the VCDS cable before heading off to NB.

I'll let you know. Cheers.

Rem

Rembrant

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
Rembrandt, any chance you're travelling towards Cape Breton anytime soon? I could benefit from some Vag Comming.
I don't have anything planned at the moment, but I can let you know when I'm heading down that way. I usually get down to Port Hawkesbury every month or so, and then a trip to the Sydney area every couple months. I just did both in January, so it might be a couple weeks before I'm heading down again.

Rem

Blake_OBrien

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Very late to this thread but just joined. Oh well...

I have a Ross-tech VCDS. Located in Saint John, NB. Happy to work with anyone who wants to come make use of it. It is the Hex+Can USB interface.

"This interface works with all diagnostic-capable VW, Audi, Seat, and Skoda models from 1990 through 2013."

Last edited:

Maritimer

TDI
Got another darn CEL on my 2012 Touareg TDI and looking for someone to scan and clear. I'm headed from Little Shemogue, NB (out by the Conferderation Bridge) to Woodstock, NB tomorrow and wednesday if anyone can help.

Thanks!

Rembrant

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
Got another darn CEL on my 2012 Touareg TDI and looking for someone to scan and clear. I'm headed from Little Shemogue, NB (out by the Conferderation Bridge) to Woodstock, NB tomorrow and wednesday if anyone can help.

Thanks!
I was right there yesterday...drove from PEI to Moncton, but I didn't bring my VCDS with me...
I usually do, but forgot it on this trip.

I really should throw it in the glovebox and just lave it there.

BMac

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI
Good to see people helping each other out.
I have not been on this site for quite some time. There use to be a pretty tight nit group 8 years ago. I just purchased a new 2015 Jetta TDI, so I will be popping in more frequently.
Glad to see people helping each other out which is the reason behind the site.
Cheers

BMac

Rembrant

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
i noticed on your profile that you have an '03 tdi wagon like i do. what are you getting for fuel mileage? i'm disappointed with mine as it does not come close to my old 99.5 jetta tdi.
I had an 03 Wagon for a while, and I was routinely getting 1100 kms to a tank with it, sometimes 1150. (that's with the tank vented). Fill-ups in the 58 liter range. That was almost all highway, and driving slow.

I'm currently driving an 03 Golf (ALH 5spd) and so far this spring I've been getting 1250-1260 kms before the low fuel warning light comes on, and I can even manage to get to 1300 kms if I drive with the warning light on for a little while. Again, that's with the tank vented, and fill-ups in the 58-59 liter range. I have the timing in this car bumped ahead 3 degrees, and I put 250ml of Power Service in with every fill-up. Not sure if it matters or not, but it's working for me...working psychologically if nothing else...lol.

I do drive slow though...usually with the cruise set at 105 km/hr, or 110 km/hr. I'm more about MPG these days, and less about being in a rush...LOL.

Rem

NB_TDi

Vendor
TDI
2014 Jetta SE
I'm still here, not often, but here.

I have VCDS CAN and Hex and general OBD2 tools as well. Anyone can shoot me a message if they're in or around Hampton NB.

rawdon1

Veteran Member
TDI
retired the 2002 Jetta after transmission went again...... now got a 2000 tdi jetta manual tran....... now driving 2003 jetta wagon 5 speed
i noticed on your profile that you have an '03 tdi wagon like i do. what are you getting for fuel mileage? i'm disappointed with mine as it does not come close to my old 99.5 jetta tdi.

with the winter fuel i was getting a little over 1000 per tank and now with summer fuel its closer to 1200 per tank

yvon g

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 jetta trendline 2.0 liter
with the winter fuel i was getting a little over 1000 per tank and now with summer fuel its closer to 1200 per tank
i'm checking my mileage on this tank fill up. just replaced air filter at last oil change two weeks ago. needle as at the line just before 1/2way now, so should get close to 1200 kms before needing fuel. will let you know what happens.

yvon g

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 jetta trendline 2.0 liter
went 1198 kms on a tank....works out to 56.5 mpg. not bad , a lot better than usual, but there was a lot of slow driving and using secondary roads with reduced speed limits which isn't normal just to see what i could stretch it to. my 99'5 a4 sedan would've given me about 62 or 63 mpg under the same conditions.