TDIFest 2009 Registration!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Sweet!

Remember folks, the registration discount ends at midnight tonight! (West coast time, I think.)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Just over 30 minutes until the Early-Bird Special ends! HURRY!!

We're up to 54 registrations so far... best early-bird turnout EVER! :cool:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I have you added to the list! I'm glad you and your girlfriend can make it out. :cool:

7 minutes left!!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Thank you to the 56 early-birds who registered for Fest! We will now be moving into the regular registration phase, which is $40 per person. This will continue to run until mid-August when we have to submit our t-shirt orders to the shirt company.

As always, please PM me if you have any questions!

Please stay tuned, as we are working on the official agenda and vendor list. :)

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
VeeDubTDI said:
Thank you to the 56 early-birds who registered for Fest! We will now be moving into the regular registration phase, which is $40 per person. This will continue to run until mid-August when we have to submit our t-shirt orders to the shirt company.

As always, please PM me if you have any questions!

Please stay tuned, as we are working on the official agenda and vendor list. :)
You're doing a great job keeping this going and keeping everyone up to date. well done! hopefully this will be a great turn out!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Thanks Zippy! I hope it's a great event, too. :D

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Probably not, as we don't have a biodiesel supplier very close by... but I'll look into it. Maybe we can get a truck for at least a couple of hours on Saturday.

The fuel station by the Pentagon has B20, but it's overpriced. They want close to $3/gallon right now. :eek:

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Lisa and I are in.

Thur arrival.

canast

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2002, Bright Green. Retired - 2003 Red Beetle GLS, deer got it.
Hotel taken care of previously

and now registered. Prices must be going up as registration is now per person. Also there is a fee for the meet and greet? Did the hotel give us a great deal on rooms only to nail us for everything else or is this to help with the fund raising for the club. Will have to think about this.

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
canast said:
and now registered. Prices must be going up as registration is now per person. Also there is a fee for the meet and greet? Did the hotel give us a great deal on rooms only to nail us for everything else or is this to help with the fund raising for the club. Will have to think about this.
We are having food provided by the hotel. We figured that people would be arriving during the meet and greet time and wanted to give the option of some snacks rather than the guests having to find a place to eat right away and missing out on the meet and greet.

If you just want to socialize outside of the room there is no charge for this.

It was always the intention to have a per person registration fee. This was just not enforced or defined clearly in the past. There are costs that are associated with each person attending. Grab bags, name tags, lanyards, t-shirts, etc.

We look forward to having you at the fest!

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
airwolf said:
We are having food provided by the hotel. We figured that people would be arriving during the meet and greet time and wanted to give the option of some snacks rather than the guests having to find a place to eat right away and missing out on the meet and greet.

It was always the intention to have a per person registration fee. This was just not enforced or defined clearly in the past. There are costs that are associated with each person attending. Grab bags, name tags, lanyards, t-shirts, etc.

Exactly. There has always been a meet-and-greet fee as well.

For those of you that were not there, There were a lot of "crashers" at the banquet in Lake Mills that didn't pay. The club had to eat that.

canast

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2002, Bright Green. Retired - 2003 Red Beetle GLS, deer got it.
airwolf said:

Thank you for the explanation.
It clears thing up.
Only 54 days left, I better decide on that room for Wednesday night soon.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
What Class would my AHU Corrado show in on Sat?

I posed the TDIFest over on the Vortex in the TDI and the Capital Area forums :)

if you need anything added to those threads I'll be happy to do so.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
You will be competing in the TDI Conversions class, assuming there are enough vehicles to make such a class.

So, come one, come all... bring your TDI Conversions! :cool:

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
VeeDubTDI said:
You will be competing in the TDI Conversions class, assuming there are enough vehicles to make such a class.

So, come one, come all... bring your TDI Conversions! :cool:
I posted it up in the conversion forum:D

VeeDubTDI

TDI
We're up to 80 registrations so far. Come on folks, let's get this wagon rolling! There are only 38 days until Fest!!

Important dates:
  • Sunday, August 9th: Cut-off date for T-Shirts. Up until August 9th, a t-shirt is included with each registration. After 8/9, we will be placing the shirt order. If you want a shirt, you will have to register on or before 8/9 or hope that we have enough extras on site and pay for them when you arrive. That's right, there are only 12 days left to register and get a t-shirt included in your registration!
  • Monday, August 31st: Food reservations close! If you want to attend the meet and greet, Saturday brunch, or the Sunday banquet, 8/31 is your last day to sign up.

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
I know I'm blond and nobody has blown in my ear to fill my head back up lately but, since I am coming with my better half is it 2x the registration fee and 2x any other options we pick?

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Sprocket said:
I know I'm blond and nobody has blown in my ear to fill my head back up lately but, since I am coming with my better half is it 2x the registration fee and 2x any other options we pick?
If the better half is going to be partaking in the festivities then yes. The prices listed are per person.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Sprocket said:
LOL. I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh at that. I'm blond, too.

What?

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
Okay, registered & made hotel reservations!

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
As usual, I won't get too go to the Fest :mad: . That said, (and I apologize if this has already been asked) can one just donate a registration fee for someone else that the organizers feel may need and deserve such a free registration? If so, where can I and others send such a donation for such purposes via paypal? Thank you in advance.