Lucas Fuel Treatment

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Octane opposes cetane and vice versa....stick with a mainstream product and you shall have no worries.

treemanjohn

TDI
'00 Jetta GL Silver
We throughly tested several Lucas products, including their injector cleaner on our diesel fleet, and didn't see anything that would make us believe that they are good products. Some effects of their diff. additive could cause adverse effects

Seafoam is far and above the best injector, intake, and crud getter outer (yes that's a technical term) we've ever used. I have searched the forum, and for some reason no one on here uses it with TDI's

ofhs93

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 99.5, Silver
Keir....to be fair that IS thier oil additive....but those results are certainly NOT a good advertisment for the rest of thier products...I have seen that page from BITOG a number of times...still gives me the shivers

Capture1

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Beetle Yellow
I have seen that before but that is an oil additive. This is a fuel additive. I have used the fuel additive in many of my gassers over the years but I was just wondering if anyone has tried it in a diesel.

Keir_Asher

Veteran Member
TDI
'93 Honda Accord Wagon
I have seen that before but that is an oil additive. This is a fuel additive. I have used the fuel additive in many of my gassers over the years but I was just wondering if anyone has tried it in a diesel.
My bad, having not used it, I assumed it was similar to Seafoam, the miracle all-in-wonder.

Stampfan

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW Beetle GLS TDI
I've used a bottle or two, I can only attest that it runs more quietly on the Lucas, assumably due to lubrication. Can't say anything about mileage, etc. differences, but it is definitely more quiet.

poppadoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 passat & jetta wagons
I have use Lucas fuel treatment often in my 97 passat tdi until I started using bio-20. Called the phone # on the label, he can talk for a long time about his product.I heard some large company was buying them out.I was in a hotel and 2 of thier big rigs was parked in the parking lot.
1997 tdi passat sedan
2005 tdi passat wagon