www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Fuels & Lubricants

Fuels & Lubricants Discussion all about Fuels & Lubricants. synthetic oil, conventional oil, brands, change intervals, diesel grades, gelling and such debated items like that. Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed. This forum is NOT for the discussion of biodiesel and other alternative fuels.

Old January 20th, 2020, 17:50   #1
Andyinchville1
Veteran Member

Default //// what gear oil / oil should I use ? ////

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to change my engine oil ( currently at about 15500 miles .... planning on oil analysis for first time mainly out of curiosity and because of my extended oil change (I typically went by the book at 10k miles but since I do long distance highway I think I should be good more more distance before an oil change)...

Anyways since I have to go through the trouble of removing the the plastic engine belly pan I might as well do the tranny fluid also while I'm under there (been about 100k miles ... plus I got a magnetic drain plug I want to put in ...).

I read a lot of previous threads about fluids but since some were old I figured I'd ask what is the latest and greatest fluid to use ? I want the best of all three worlds good transmission protection good fuel economy and good shift quality...

What should I get? ( I'm pretty sure gl4 is what I seek)

Thanks

Andrew