Tools around wichita,ks?

04tdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Golf GLS
I was curious if anyone near wichita,ks or even not near wichita would let me rent or borrow the 6 piece tool set to do a timing belt change one weekend.

KS97Passat

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat sedan, 1997, maroon, 129k mi.
My tools are available. I'm in Norwich and frequently get to Wichita. My Vag-Com laptop is down and I would like to check timing so if you have that covered, I would take advantage.

04tdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Golf GLS
Thanks for the replies guys, I ended up buying the tool kit because I plan on keepin the car for quite a while. Anyone around up for a turbo cleaning?

jwcarter82

TDI
2001 Jetta
tools

04tdiwagon,

How easy was the timing belt replacement? I might consider doing it myself to save on labor costs.

Turbo cleaning, huh? I really do am uneducated about my car, why would you want or need to do that. I might be interested in helping you out, if you'd help with mine. :)

Good to see other Wichita TDI owners!

clintontull

Vendor
TDI
NONE
im going to be changing mine in the next 2-3 weeks and not sure where to rent or may just buy the stuff...

i am in saint louis, Missouri

KS97Passat

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat sedan, 1997, maroon, 129k mi.
I think there may be someone advertising in the classifieds on this site offering to rent tools. I'd rent mine, but mine are for A3/B4 cars and I don't think I have everything you'd need.