2005 Golf GLS PD TDI

TriangleTDI

TDI
05 Golf 5 spd Anthracite Blue, Grey velour
Original owner, great condition. Looking to see if there is interest. Car is in SF Bay Area, CA.

I'm gutted to have to sell my baby (picked up at the dealer with 400 miles - the car was driven from a near by dealer 390 miles to get it to my local dealer). She was broken in correctly, driven hard a lot, and babied a lot too. Maxed out at 907 miles on a tank. Lifetime average is close to 46 mpg. She is anthracite gray, monsoon, great condition. Some very small rusting in the right wheel well, and a dent on the hood are the only real noticeable issues cosmetically.

I believe she has 163k miles - will update with exact mileage. 5 speed manual. Timing belt was done at 95k miles.

Only modifications are vented and has a frost heater. Always serviced via trusted diesel mechanics or dealer serviced (friend worked there).

Only 2 issues in entirety of ownership (fuel pump around 26k miles went out)
Left wheel bearing went out around 87k miles.

Right now, ABS sensor light is on, only issue I'm aware of. It can be fixed with a new ABS sensor (I think they are $400).

I'll add pics shortly, mostly looking if there is interest. $4000 OBO. She has been sitting in the drive way for about a year, I just didn't want to give her up. Wife demands it's time due to money being tied up in something I may love, but we just don't drive it. Please PM or ask questions in thread. If there is interest I'll go out and wash her up and take some pictures.

Last edited:

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
So you have a wife and a fiancée? Trendy. Ys, we would like to see pics. Of the car - not the wife nor the fiancée. Hehe.