New 2006 owner

SpeedyR

TDI
2005 Jetta
wasn't really looking for a touareg but a good friends brother was selling his low mileage 2006 Touareg 5.0l V10, so I flew north and picked it up and drove it back to the ATL. Pristine condition, full maintenance records (original owner), and some well done modifications. He lived in Germany for a few years, and still goes back every month, so over time he converted his into an R50 or a close approximation since they never imported them into the US.

I turned over 90k miles on it on my drive home, mainly ran 75-80mph, and according to the computer got around 22-24mpg. Of course I had to use the torque every so often and get used to driving the car so I'm sure my mileage suffered.

The car has a small tune from O.CT, and I have a set of the DPF delete pipes from BuzzKen but not installed. Need to figure out how much of a pain it'll be to install, as well as figure out what it's going to cost to turn off the DPF regen cycle. I'm happy with the tune so don't really want to pay another $800 for a new tune just to turn off the DPF regen.

Love the car so far. it's got the air suspension, paddle shifters on the heated steering wheel, brembo brakes f/r, 20" wheels (295/40 front, 315/35 rears), rear diff lock, bluetooth for the phone, rear camera, keyless starting, parking sensors, nav (personally I hate nav in cars, Waze is so much better IMHO), etc. etc. The previous owner installed the Webasto remote heater start, Cayenne Turbo S sway bars, LED rear tail lights (smoked), and OEM fender flares.

Need to figure out a few things as I learn the car. First thing I noticed was the windshield washers weren't working. Figured out the broken line at the hinge, so I"ll get to fixing that tomorrow. Gave it a good washing and once over Friday, and she's clean as a whistle. I'll probably do some detailing and really clean her up next week, but so far she's a beaut. Amazing that the car is 12 years old and looks as good as it does.

I'll get some photos next week when I have time to get some good ones, but I'm looking forward to the next few years of ownership.

And before I get too far, yes I know about high maintenance vehicles. I have a garage full of motorcycles, and 250k miles on my MK IV, and this one has been taken care of very very well. standard 507.00 oil used since it was new, new valve body in transmission @80k miles, new batteries, OE rotors and pads, etc. etc.

RSMS

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
04 T-REG V-10 as a driver but too many others to list and always changing
Sounds like a good one!!!!! They are definitely fun to drive Congrats on the purchase and enjoy it! I've thought about changing my sway bars as my wife drives a cayenne and they definitely do feel more nimble.