Upgrade options?

evileltdude

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 VW NEW BEETLE GLS TDI ALH,AUTOMATIC
So for an 01 beetle TDi ALH,Automatic transmission 120K. What would be a good choice in upgraded injector nozlers, I was consittering some PP357's With a tune
shortly after. what do you guys think would be my best bet since im sticking with my stock turbo?
CURRENT MOD LIST
-AIR INTAKE
-CCV CAN
-EGR+COOLER DELETE
-CAT+MUFFLER DELETE

Last edited:

sqhschief

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDi, 1981 Chevrolet LUV Diesel! Non-turbo :(
You will be advised by many here not to mod your stock air intake system.

evileltdude

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes i adhere to that, Ive found little to no power increse with the cold air box, But i have to say i do like the sound it produces when reving the engine .

sqhschief

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes i adhere to that, Ive found little to no power increse with the cold air box, But i have to say i do like the sound it produces when reving the engine .
What cold air intake and filter do you have?

evileltdude

Veteran Member
TDI
I have an AFE kIt with an oiled filter element, Yes i know its bad news, It killed a brand new MAF of mine but, What ive been doing is every time i clean the filter element and Re-oil it i install an old MAF for the first few days or so, In essence all the excess oil will not damage my good MAF and then after a few days of driving i install my good MAF. So far ths has been working out for me for the last 3 years or so, I know it seems like quite some work but its pretty simple. i have been planing on getting a non oiled filter but ive never got around to it.

sqhschief

Veteran Member
TDI
I have an AFE kIt with an oiled filter element, Yes i know its bad news, It killed a brand new MAF of mine but, What ive been doing is every time i clean the filter element and Re-oil it i install an old MAF for the first few days or so, In essence all the excess oil will not damage my good MAF and then after a few days of driving i install my good MAF. So far ths has been working out for me for the last 3 years or so, I know it seems like quite some work but its pretty simple. i have been planing on getting a non oiled filter but ive never got around to it.
So you reckon that a synthetic non oiled filter wouldn't harm the MAF?

evileltdude

Veteran Member
TDI
I would think it would be less of a chance with a non oiled vs an earled filter. I'm not 100% sure if this but i di know that the maf sensors are cery fragile, i once killed a brand new maf by installng an over oiled air filter, lucky I was able to exchange it for no cost. But so far I've used an oiled filter with the same maf for about 3 years now with my maf switch method after every re-oil and so far everything is in good standings.