2006.5 DSG Transmission service

nacho1337

TDI
2006.5 jetta tdi
I 'm 40k. I did all the schedule maintains my self but the dsg service. I had it at the dealer and a guru from this site and they both it was a seal unit. Is the true or did i need to find a another mechanic.

Last edited:

jcrews

Top Post Dawg
TDI
All gone
Yikes!

Show them the maintenance schedule, it is clearly marked to replace the filter and fluid every 40,000 miles. You can do it yourself if you have a service manual and VCDS, or find someone that knows better than that. Even the conventional automatics should be serviced at that interval.

CTD&TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg?
nacho1337 said:
I 'm 40k. I did all the schedule maintains my self but the dsg service. I had it at the dealer and a guru from the site and they both it was a seal unit. Is the true or did i need to find a another mechanic.

dsnt sound like a true "guru"???

Marauderer

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta "Diesel Edition"
Check out the other threads on the list here on the DSG service. I have 36K mi on mine and am getting ready to change it. Not a hard job at all. They say it is a sealed unit and is suppose to last the life of the car. Have them define the life of the car. all they have to do is get it to last the length of the warranty which is 50K mi or 3 yrs. if you don't get the extended warranty. I am going to change mine.

nacho1337

TDI
2006.5 jetta tdi
jcrews said:
Yikes!

Show them the maintenance schedule, it is clearly marked to replace the filter and fluid every 40,000 miles. You can do it yourself if you have a service manual and VCDS, or find someone that knows better than that. Even the conventional automatics should be serviced at that interval.
I looking at doing it my self. Is buying vagcom from rosstech the same for buying it from tdiparts.com I try to avoid over 25 dollars in sales tax

Stephen

Marauderer

Veteran Member
TDI
nacho1337 said:
I looking at doing it my self. Is buying vagcom from rosstech the same for buying it from tdiparts.com I try to avoid over 25 dollars in sales tax

Stephen
I bought mine at Ross Tech who I think is the US Distributor.

doonboggle

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta w/Taktonic 6sp. transmission, Silver; 1981 Rabbit pick-up
This don't make sense. What does the 'stealer' care. You are paying them their fee to do this for you.\

As for the guru ... I'd most certainly get another one as well. If he is a true 'guru', obviously he has not been following the discussions on the forum very much.

Marauderer

Veteran Member
TDI
doonboggle said:
This don't make sense. What does the 'stealer' care. You are paying them their fee to do this for you.\

As for the guru ... I'd most certainly get another one as well. If he is a true 'guru', obviously he has not been following the discussions on the forum very much.
You don't understand the mentality of German auto dealerships