It's running too clean

Jetta SS

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Jetta
I've had a few issues come up since getting the car back on the road. I've put about 1500 miles on. The one that I can't figure out is that the exhaust is very clean. I can go WOT and see no smoke in the rearview. I've been driving this car for 15 years and always could roll a little coal.

When I first got it back on the road it went into limp mode on 3 trips, but has not done that since. Power feels about where it should be. Not sure where to start looking or to just ignore this.

Jetta SS

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Jetta
Exhaust took a small hit in the accident - I see a couple dents - maybe something was freed up?
Now I've got no way to back off tailgaters though.

motorcritter

TDI
‘97 Jetta Mk3
I wouldn’t be concerned- I had a intake hose split- it smoked so bad I got 3 letters complaining about it from the DMV. I fixed the hoses, cleaned out the intake manifold and ports, all the tubes and hoses and replaced all the dodgy old vacuum lines. It blew 0 ppm, when I got it smogged (a yearly Colorado diesel annoyance). The guy told me the only way it would test ‘cleaner’, is if I had it turned off.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
I wouldn’t be concerned- I had a intake hose split- it smoked so bad I got 3 letters complaining about it from the DMV. I fixed the hoses, cleaned out the intake manifold and ports, all the tubes and hoses and replaced all the dodgy old vacuum lines. It blew 0 ppm, when I got it smogged (a yearly Colorado diesel annoyance). The guy told me the only way it would test ‘cleaner’, is if I had it turned off.
is that one of those towns with a population under 1,000?