Replacment for displacment!!!!!

NoJoke

Veteran Member
Hi,We have got alot figured out and I now have a line lock to hold the front brakes.I can now build plenty of boost and take off quite well.

I was at the drag strip yesterday and made 4 runs without breaking anything :).

11.470 @ 122.79 mph with a 1.872 0-60 time.

The car is working well but there is more potential.The tires are old and I could'nt hook up as well as I should.We know that this engine can more power and the car might be swapped out for a mk2 golf.
Represent! I'm very excited for you...update that 1/4mi thread! Moving on up:D

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J
It's amazing how you can even get that huge GT35 to spool up

# 2 fastest TDI according to the spreadsheet on the 1/4 mile sticky!

More videos please :D

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Jetta,94 Golf drag car 585bhp,Samurai buggy BHW 300bhp,97 Ram cummins
Thanks guys.It will be a challenge to beat that 5 cylinder nitrous fed all wheel drive machine.My engine rev's to 7500 rpm when doing the burnout to warm up the tires but only pulls hard to 6200 rpm.The power is best between 5000 and 6200 rpm.Thanks to the go pro camera I was able to capture some data.Boost and emp's max out at 90 psi and boost between stages is 41 psi.We have lots of plans for next year now that racing is done for this year.More rpm and fuel and likely even get a camshaft :).Not going to go too agressive with a cam but we will likely need to cut deeper valve reliefs in the pistons.When the boost gets up past 80 psi there is not too much smoke when compared to other all out performance diesel's.The only problem with severely overfueling is that we would likely need water injection to keep EGT's from getting too high.

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm working on getting a video up.I don't think any of the video's of that day were that good but I'll try to get the best one.

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm pretty sure that my car and driver weight is 2440 lbs. EDIT (car and driver weight is actually 2580 lbs)

His double engine car is pretty neat.Doing some rough calculations according to his website I'm figuring he's making 300 hp per engine.

Just using an online hp calculator for that.I punched the numbers into it for mine at 377whp my ET would be approx 10.85. I figured that I'd be right around 11 flat if I had better tires.I'm somewhere around 425-450 hp.

If my car lost 200 lbs or made 500hp I'd be making the same 10.4 time that he is.

Last edited:

foxracer1

Veteran Member
TDI
98 A3 TDI 5spd, 86 w/TDI 02A in prog.
Thats awesome. Guess she gets real loud up top everyone covered their ears or walked out chased by the cloud. lol

leon10tagg

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf 90bhp ALH tdi, 2002 Golf PD100, 2004 Passat 1.9PD AWX, 2001 Golf 4-Motion, 1997 Audi A4 1.8t sport, 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.0t WRX
Real nice run......excellent work:D

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
Wow, 7500rpm launch on an ALH :D

What are those gauges in your dash? One is pretty much pegged 100% of the time it looks like.

Last edited:

foxracer1

Veteran Member
TDI
98 A3 TDI 5spd, 86 w/TDI 02A in prog.
What are you willing to tell us about your bottom end? I'm curious to what you've done to it to support that many rpms.

Good to see you in the 11s would think @ 11.47 you'd have a higher mph. Gov cutting fuel like you said in your comment on the youtube vid would for sure hamper that.

Good work!

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
Bottom end is cunningham rods,diamond pistons bone stock crank.NOTHING balanced,In fact the engine has no balancer pully either.We have a seriously beefed up bottom end.Our oil pan keeps the main bearing caps from destorting.

Last edited:

NoJoke

Veteran Member
Bottom end is cunningham rods,diamond pistons bone stock crank.NOTHING balanced,In fact the engine has no balancer pully either.We have a seriously beefed up bottom end.Our oil pan keeps the main bearing caps from destorting.
I'm assuming the diamond pistons are forged? or did they have a strictly billet item?

DannyS

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Audi SQ5 TDI
Truly amazing! First time ever I've seen such a pump in anything other than a gardenpuller:) Do you have dynamic timing advance on that thing?

Edit: oh and care to post the dyno?

Last edited:

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
The pistons were a billet item.

I do have the dyno paper,I'll see If I can post it up.There is no timing device on the inj pump.

Last edited: