2007 Jetta turning off in low gears, fuel pump replaced, still not working

aquariansun

TDI
2007 Jetta TDI
Hi there,
I'm a newbie and am not sure if this is the right place to post. But I posted back when we had to do a DIY fix for our cabin air filter, and now we have a new problem. Reminder, I live in Mexico. Mark IV Jetta 2007. Love the car, but it's giving me way too many headaches lately.
It started in June—the car just turns off when I'm going from stop to go. It's happened about 7 times since then. Even the local tow guy is getting to know who we are. I think a couple times it happened between 1st and 2nd. I can't get it started again when it shuts off.
The first 2 times it happened, my husband checked all the fuses and found that the fuel pump fuse was blown. When it was replaced, it started again.
The next several times it's happened, the fuse hasn't blown. A few times we were able to get it started after a wait period, more recently not.
We took it to the shop one time after we'd gotten it started again. No reading came up on the scanner, and they could not reproduce the problem. We took it home. It happened again. We had a friend who specializes in electrical work on cars to come by and check it out. They got it started after the ventilation duct to the turbo (but my husband thinks that might have been coincidence).
On 10/2, I was driving over a speedbump when it shut off. We could not get it started. We had it towed to the shop because I was leaving for NY the next day and I figured they'd have 10 days to figure something out. Nothing on the sensors. They checked pressure in the lines, and they finally found something wrong with the rear fuel pump (or so they say). They replaced it and we paid/picked it up when I got back from NY on Monday.
Here's a weird aside, not sure if it matters: On the day I brought it home from the shop, the alarm system wouldn't turn off. My husband had to go have the chip in the key replaced. Strange coincidence. Also, the horn wasn't working. We checked and the horn fuse was missing. Also strange.
Last night, on my way home from work, the car shut off, again when going over a speedbump. I had to get towed home. I plan to get it towed to the shop today, of course my husband is already tinkering also. I'm at my wits end and aside from selling the car as soon as I can get it started, don't have many more ideas. Any new ideas would be appreciated.
:confused:

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
If this is a PD I was going to suggest the in-tank lift pump, but that is what they may have changed when the shop says rear fuel pump. Another common problem with PD's is the crank shaft position sensor or its wiring. This may not always throw a DTC or CEL