Quick question STOP coolant message

Somedevildawg229

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Proud owner of a 250k 2006 tdi - 3rd TDI I’ve had but wanted take on this. The individual I bought this from has records since day 1 and took it in to VW dealer at 270k because he said he was having to put in coolant. The VW notes state they did a flush on vehicle and changed the tank because of a leak? Anywho I’m getting the message now pop hood and the coolant looks close to the minimum line but a little above it. If I opened hood and turn cap on coolant box I get a little hiss and it seems the coolant rises a bit. I crank car and error goes away? Is this simply a case of topping this off or do I have a slow leak still possibly?

MP517PRCT

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI Sportwagen, 2011 Touareg TDI Lux
Sounds like a slow leak. I have to add a couple of ounces every six months to my '09 for this reason. Actually, I added 4oz. today (2oz. Pentofront + 2oz. distilled water) after I finished changing my oil.

Somedevildawg229

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Sounds like a slow leak. I have to add a couple of ounces every six months to my '09 for this reason. Actually, I added 4oz. today (2oz. Pentofront + 2oz. distilled water) after I finished changing my oil.
Is the only one the g12 stuff for a 2006? And the stuff I have in it is red but can I switch to Pento? Is it g12 as well? Okay to mix colors if reds in now and Pento is different?

325_Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
MkV Jetta
I had a slow leak in one of the EGR cooler hoses that only manifested when I was towing a 6x10 enclosed trailer. The giveaway was the softness of the leaking hose- there was no readily apparent spray or drip.