Time between signed doc and closing date.

JimJamie

TDI
'13 Passat 6 sp. 57k mi. VW fairing kit all around.
On my 57,600 mile Passat, the calculations I did showed a $539 drop in payment at 60,000 miles, and another $510 drop in payment at 65,000 miles. I jumped to get rid of it before 60,000 miles. Then I read this link on main VW page:

Your actual payment amount may change based on your vehicle mileage at your closing appointment. You can drive 1,042 miles per month between the time of your offer acceptance and closing appointment without any impact on your payment amount.

If I have 90 days between my signing and my closing appointment, my mileage could be almost 62,000. Will my payment drop from what they would have paid me in early February with just under 60,000 miles? Or will it be the same? No one at VW could give me an answer. I don't think they even understood my issue. They said call their attorney.

Tony45

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI 2-door 6MT (BB - 4/18)
On my 57,600 mile Passat, the calculations I did showed a $539 drop in payment at 60,000 miles, and another $510 drop in payment at 65,000 miles. I jumped to get rid of it before 60,000 miles. Then I read this link on main VW page:
Your actual payment amount may change based on your vehicle mileage at your closing appointment. You can drive 1,042 miles per month between the time of your offer acceptance and closing appointment without any impact on your payment amount.
If I have 90 days between my signing and my closing appointment, my mileage could be almost 62,000. Will my payment drop from what they would have paid me in early February with just under 60,000 miles? Or will it be the same? No one at VW could give me an answer. I don't think they even understood my issue. They said call their attorney.
Your payment is calculated based on the mileage and date that you turn-in the car to VW. It could go up or down from the time you received the offer, depending on how much you drive. There are many websites that can calculate it for you.