2015 Passat fuse panel diagram

stapler101

TDI
2015 Passat
I want to make the mod I have seen on here so that my 12v plugs are hot all the time. Does anyone know which fuse to jump on the 2015 model? Also, I assume it will be the fuse panel by the driver's door rather than under the hood.
One final question, does anyone know of a way to use voice commands to have an android phone send a text?

jimbo1mcm

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 SEL TDI PREMIUM Blue 2015 SEL TDI PREMIUM's Silver and Blue
Sounds like you have a plan. Not necessarily the best thing to do. Hope it works out for you.

Salsaman06

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL (sold back to VWoA Dec 21, 2016)
Is there a better way to make the 12v plug hot all the time?

I think the solution presented is somewhat dubious with the use of a blank electrical terminal to "wedge" the contacts into a permanent "closed" position. If you are going to mod the relay itself, a better way to do this would be to either solder or hot glue the contacts together. If that electrical terminal pops loose it could cause a short inside the relay itself.

In addition, I would purchase an additional relay to do the mods on, install that one, and keep the original so I could return to factory specs whenever I wanted to.

stapler101

TDI
2015 Passat
thanks Salsaman06. I believe that is good advice and in the post that described this mod hot gluing was mentioned. Other than the possibility of the terminal causing a short if loose, can you see any harm in making the 12v plug hot?

stapler101

TDI
2015 Passat
I'm not to worried about the battery. My 05 Passat and my 14 Dodge diesel have hot plugs that I keep phone chargers plugged into 24/7.
If there is no other concerns about damaging other components I will enjoy having the constant power.
thanks for the replies. This new 15 Passat is so advanced beyond my 05 that I am like a kid in a toy store!