03 golf ALH performance build

TDI
03 Golf GLS
Hello,

Please tell me if this is the wrong forum to post this question in, thanks.

I have an 03 Golf 1.9t. The Motor is fresh rebuild with GT1849v installed.

The car is running, but low on boost (probably from the larger exducer wheel).

What I want is a shopping list, preferably a kit from a vendor here and SOFTWARE to make it all work

From what I can tell... these items, but what are know best brands?

1. 3bar MAP and Software
2. larger Intercooler and piping
3. larger exhaust
4. ???

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
If it's a va it's pretty much equivalent to a stock vnt -15. If it's a vb or vc, you need to get a tune and nozzles in there to utilize it's added boost making ability. You should upgrade nozzles immediately if you want serious performance. The items you listed will help but the tune and nozzles should be first. I have and recommend PP764s set at stage 1 POP. No smoke and really powerfull. Malone sells a stage 1 and 1.5 tune together. Best to get a flashzilla from him so you can program the ecu in your garage and won't have to send it to him. I think he rents them too. The stage 1 tune works nicely with stock nozzles (about 10-15 HP) and the 1.5 will work with bigger nozzles and utilize your turbo better regardless if it's a va,vb or vc but if it's a vb or vc, it will soon be clutch time.

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Peak boost should be about 14 PSI regardless of turbo. If you're not achieving that then something's not right. I'd make sure it's running well stock first before pursuing mods.

TDI
03 Golf GLS
Thanks guys. Sadly the nozzles and clutch are new, but like you say, will have to go because they're stock.

Ordered the Taco - taco SMIC last night, mine is coaked, burnt.

Shopping for nozzles and software w/programer today.

Any comments on Karma vs Malone?

TDI
03 Golf GLS
Is there a software system that will BOTH allow me to log data channels AND flash different programs? ??

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Thanks guys. Sadly the nozzles and clutch are new, but like you say, will have to go because they're stock.

Ordered the Taco - taco SMIC last night, mine is coaked, burnt.

Shopping for nozzles and software w/programer today.

Any comments on Karma vs Malone?
How does an intercooler get coaked/burnt?:confused: Was this car in a fire?

TDI
03 Golf GLS
Indigo blue wagon probably right. The is no power and no black smoke, nozzles were tested, but not pump. Sounds like I need to fix that first.

Nicklockard, mechanic over filled the oil, turbo vacuum pulled oil up, "diesel runaway" :(

Ganoid

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta 5sp
Its pretty common for intercoolers to have significant amounts of oil in them. Just the nature of the beast.