Finally ordered my lower boost pipe

Dude5724

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Well i was finally able to order my lower boost pipe which had a hole in it from a bracket breaking off. This is the first jetta i had gotten on a trade and it needed some work and i will slowly be fixing it up! 229k and seems pretty dang strong.

Few things that will need some attention is the boost pipe, air intake box, blower motor is not operating at the moment, check engine lights, possible timing chain/belt, tires, oil change, fuel filter, key fob, adjusting the 5 speed transmission linkage and a few other things here and there.

Praying it will turn out to be a good car!

Any info is greatly appreciated or advice. I do plan on getting the vcds one day but if someone has one close that i could pay to hook it up that would be awesome! I'm by austin tx.

I look forward to hearing from everyone!

Dude5724

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Was able to adjust the linkage today a little more. Definitely shifts into all gears much more smoothly!

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf VI TDI, 77 kW (CAYC)
Does blower motor blow on the 4th speed only?
This engine hasn't got a chain, it is belt driven.
Also, it is a good idea to check camshaft for wear.
Check the clutch, listen for DMF sounds and vibration too.
When you have the car lifted, inspect EGR cooler area for soot evidence.

Dude5724

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Does blower motor blow on the 4th speed only?
This engine hasn't got a chain, it is belt driven.
Also, it is a good idea to check camshaft for wear.
Check the clutch, listen for DMF sounds and vibration too.
When you have the car lifted, inspect EGR cooler area for soot evidence.

No sir blower doesn't blow what so ever. You can however i think, hear the compressor kick on or the engine go under load when you turn ac on.

Ahhh ok belt i apologize. I couldnt remember right off the bat which one it was lol.

Ill have to take a look at how to do that. Im sure there is a procedure somewhere. If you happen to have it handy great, if not im sure i can find it on here.

Clutch feels pretty good as far as i can tell. It had the whole manual transmission replaced and clutch if im not mistaken. Ill double check receipts. Was around 2k i think for everything?

EGR cooler for soot evidence? I have read something lightly on this. That would mean that it is bad correct and possibly leaking which would mean i would be losing coolant correct?

Thanks so much for the reply bud!

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf VI TDI, 77 kW (CAYC)
Cam inspection procedure was published some time ago on myturbodiesel.com

EGR cooler leaks soot past a bushing. Either the bushing can be machined/replaced or entire cooler replacement is required ($$$). Also, sometimes the "flex pipe" breaks too.