Transmission Fluid Change 2004 TDI Tiptronic

path001

Hello all.

I have a 2004 Jetta TDI Tiptronic. My Engine is a 1.9L Turbo Diesel.

I am trying to figure out how to do a routeen servicing on the transmission fluid.

I found the fluid I need on TDIparts.com. If someone would please verify that http://www.tdiparts.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id=465 is the proper fluid.

Also, from the looks of things, there is a drain plug underneath the car, but it doesn't seem like there is a dip-stick on the top or any other access point to pour the new fluid in. How does one get the new fluid into the transmission?

Also, can someone please verify that the filter does not get changed.

Thank you. Pat Held

PS, what does A4 and MkIV stand for in this forum?

2004STARWARSTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2004 Platinum Gray GLS Jetta / 2006 Silver Jetta with DSG
Auto transmission fluid

The automatic transmission fluid does not have to be checked. It is in there for the life of the car according to service manual.

weedeater

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Baltic Green
It's a 'lifetime' fluid, though practically it is 5yr/100kmiles.

You need a Vagcom to take the temperature of the fluid. The level is set when the fluid reaches 40C or there abouts.

tdijerry

Veteran Member
TDI
2000/ beetle/sliver
automatic trans

2004STARWARSTDI said:
Check link below for service intervals. As you see there is no need for service to the automatic.Volkswagen: Maintenance
i know that vw saids no need to change auto trans fluid but i have trouble with that.i have allways change the trans fluid in my other cars and this is the first time that i have owned vw's but a life time fluid and no filter change ?:confused: