Hi from Carson city nv. I have a few questions

Nonwoven29

TDI
2006 MK5
Hi tdi club. I'm new to tdi's but far from new with diesels or can bus.

I'm a 13 year plus diesel mechanic/equipment mechanic from the mining sector both surface and underground.

I picked this little clean tdi jetta up with high mileage last week.

I was wondering if someone could be super cool mb and supply a link or upload a few electrical schematics?

Specifically cc# "composite connector" numbers

J59 and sb30
J400 and sb19
J743

I know its a bit to ask but can only do so much with out the proper vw diag software.

Upon buying the darn car i noticed funny readings all over the engine bay.

Fuses had been pulled to what I would assume was cover up for shorts to ground or overage spikes. Makes zero sense otherwise.

I Noticed a 40amp mega fuse in the distribution box had at one point got real hot on the feed side of f30 load reduction relay.

F19 wiper control module fuse missing. Replaced with 30amp and working.

F5 dsg mechatronic fuse missing. Replaced fuse still needs a new mechatronic unit.

I was also only seeing 10.8v at the low side ac switch/solenoid. Wouldn't kick the compressor clutch. Had a vacuum with 50g 134a drawn in. More than enough to
Cycle.

Nonwoven29

TDI
2006 MK5
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
[URL=http://s672.photobucket.com/user/nonwoven29/media/20180815_140649.jpg.html][IMG]http://i672.photobucket.com/alb

I don't think I did bad even though she needs some tough mechanical/eletrical love.

Last edited:

N.CaTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
Sorry can not help with your request but I would recommend getting a cable and software to read the codes. Also your guess that you have ground or wiring issues sounds reasonable. Look around here for were to look for bad grounds and wire chafe We totally enjoy the car with 225k miles

Nonwoven29

TDI
2006 MK5
I think its cool the old lady took great care of this 12 car with a 1/4 million miles on it. I only paid 1900.00 for the car but that figure its heading up as i type this lol

To bad the under hood didn't fair so good
[/URL][/IMG].

[/URL][/IMG]