Golf TDI vag code p0299

jackm20010

TDI
Golf mk6
Hi,

Im hoping for some advice or solution with my car,

I own a 2009 VW golf 140BHP TDI, It has been remaped to 180BHP with a induction kit.

The car has been running fine but recently was loosing power till the P0299 code arrived, when turning off the car and restarting the code and glow plug light (flashing) would turn off and the turbo would power.
The car feels sluggish and then you get around 20PSI when you reach 3000 RPM.
The checks I have done and replaced was the N75 as my last wasnt holding pressure so this has been replaced and didn't cure much. I have in my current tank got some Wynns Turbo cleaner. I have just tested the vacuum and found the pump is outputting vacuum and the N75 is working as it should and is outputting vacuum.

When connected to the actuator however to test the vacuum the needle didn't move or hold anything and the rod on the actuator wasn't moving. So I suspected the Actuator however if you connect the hose back up from the N75 or go directly off the vacuum pump to the actuator the rod on the actuator moves and holds a position and their seems to be no leaking noise coming from it.

I have attached my VCD print of the requested boost to actual.

Is their any further tests to run or would the actuator be the cause. My other though processes is the turbo sticking.

Many thanks for the help

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
Hey, I responded on the other forum but thought it worth posting here... for the sake of posterity.

I've only had that code once, and it was related to the dreaded frozen intercooler. Thankfully it was covered under the extended emissions warranty when they applied TSB-21-18-02

Only other thing that immediately comes to mind is to verify the orientation of the N75... I'm new to the TDI world but that's a common (and easily resolved) error on VAG 20vt engines.

Hope this helps!

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen DSG
Probably not much help, but I had the P0299 code come on in my 2012 JSW, and the dealer discovered my turbo impeller was disintegrated. They never figured out what caused it, and I know I sure didn't do it as I had only had the car for 1 week.