carpet replacement?

mag1

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW, MT6, Platinum Grey; 2000 Jetta GLS, Reflex Silver
Hi all, just a question. has anyone found an aftermarket carpet replacement for the jetta/golf family? The reason I ask is that I believe I have an allergy to the carpet that VW uses. it made my 2014 the shortest time I have ever owned a car, 7+ weeks, with only being able to drive it for about 2 weeks. my thoughts are maybe if I can replace the carpet (after making sure that is the issue), it might not be an option for a future vehicle. I have looked for replacements, and so far only find carpet by the yard, no one seems to have a preformed pan for the cabin area. I have used the golf and jetta jsw for searching.
thanks for any info.

Mark1331

TDI
2012 Golf TDI 2 door
I poked around online but ran into basically the same thing. And I totally understand allergies, luckily my car carpet isn't one of them.

I know you would rather do it yourself, but have you considered a shop to replace the carpet? You might even get it replaced with rubber. Or, you could strip the carpet out and rhino line it but I have no idea how loud that would make the ride.

mag1

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW, MT6, Platinum Grey; 2000 Jetta GLS, Reflex Silver
Before I got my hopes up to high, I figured I better do another test, went out to a buddies new q5, rubbed my hand on the headliner, 30seconds later, same reaction I get from the carpet. Something they use in there fabrics, not sure what. There goes what looked like an intriguing idea, shot down again.