Exhaust manifold gasket

bigcam01

TDI
01 Golf GLS 5-speed
So i'm getting ready to do my exhaust manifold gasket. Has anyone done it without pulling the egr system and intake apart? Was going to see if i could get at it from underneath.

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
Yep, you don't need to remove any of that stuff except the egr pipe from the manifold to the cooler.

I go from the bottom but I have a hoist. I also swing the subframe out of the way, leave the left ball joint hooked up, let the rack dangle, gives you ton's of room.

bigcam01

TDI
01 Golf GLS 5-speed
Nice that what i was thinking. My buddy has a lift that ill be using. anything i should replace while i got the sub frame dropped?

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
Nice that what i was thinking. My buddy has a lift that ill be using. anything i should replace while i got the sub frame dropped?
Check the flex pipe, ball joints, tie rods etc. Can't think of anything else at the moment.