Does VW TDI onboard computer has a period of standby before full shut down?

jyzhang

TDI
2010 Sportswagon
Dear TDIClub users,

Do you know if VW TDI on board computer has a period of standby before fully shut down? I am asking this because of my recent episode of "Key not in range" issue.

Interesting enough is: it seemed that all immediate retries have failed. But a couple of hours later, the issue went away by itself, and I am able to start the car without any problem. Some other thread here also suggested disconnecting the battery can solve the problem as well.

My hypothesis is the on board computer went to a standby mode for a period of ~10-30 minutes, and then it went to an actual shutdown. The issue stays if wake up from standby. But a full restart from an actual shutdown will clear an software glitch or hang ups.

To further support my hypothesis, when I first get the vehicle in 2010, I also had issue of not able to close the sunroof at random occasions. Odd enough is I also found that I can always close the windows after an hour or two, but not immediately after shutting down the engine.

Another point is, if you stay in the vehicle long enough after turning off the engine, ~10-15 minutes later, you can hear a series of clicks. Sounded to me those are some relays clicking off.

I am hypothesizing based on my observation. Any insight would be greatly appreciate.

Thank you very much.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Last I read it has two sleep modes. The initial one and then deep sleep sometime later. Why not just keep all of your posts in one thread on this subject? Kind of confusing having to jump multiple threads to keep track.