REVO Software Installed Today

scottisha

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf TDI 4dr
REVO, well someone at REVO, asked me to bring my car up to use in their booth. If I wasn't going to be on a family vacation around the same time, I would drive up from Florida......Long drive, but I've never been, so it would've been kinda cool.

Scott

PureDope

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVI JSW
I just scheduled an apt at bsh speed shop for thur. Finally getting this done. At $399 it's a no brainer.

RevoTechnik-GM

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
TDi
Just a heads up...all engine software is on sale for $100 OFF retail price, through the end of the week...

Version 2, which is being road tested as you read this, will either be considered "Stage 2" (typical $50 upgrade) or, simply a V2 Update (completely FREE) once it's released.

So, for those waiting for V2/Stage 2,... you may want to jump on V1/Stage 1 while it's on sale to take advantage of the lower cost. The current version is already delivering great power, and even if you don't upgrade to V2 is still great bang for your buck. Just food for thought.

Last edited:

RevoTechnik-GM

TDI
TDi
nikhsub1,

If you don't mind driving a bit south, I have 2 or 3 different dealers to choose from.

PM me when you're ready to pull the trigger and I'll get you set up with a referral.

Polak

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDi SEL
Just a heads up...all engine software is on sale for $100 through the end of the week...

Version 2, which is being road tested as you read this, will either be considered "Stage 2" (typical $50 upgrade) or, simply a V2 Update (completely FREE) once it's released.

So, for those waiting for V2/Stage 2,... you may want to jump on V1/Stage 1 while it's on sale to take advantage of the lower cost. The current version is already delivering great power, and even if you don't upgrade to V2 is still great bang for your buck. Just food for thought.
Do you have any dealers in NJ who don't charge for labor to take out the ECUs?

RevoTechnik-GM

TDI
TDi
Do you have any dealers in NJ who don't charge for labor to take out the ECUs?
Not that I know of, but feel free to ask around by using the dealer locator on our website, and see what they are willing to offer you.

Labor is 100% at the discretion of the dealer, and to be honest,... it's a 2 hour job that should be handled by someone who has experience with this sort of flash.

I'd rather see people pay a reasonable labor rate and not have any problems, much more so than I'd like to see someone save a few bucks on free labor and have an issue down the road.

It's not a difficult job, but you definitely want someone who respects the fact that you are paying good money for a proper job and takes their time and does it right.

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
anyone doing this before the 3/36k warranty is up?

RevoTechnik-GM

TDI
TDi
I'm taking out my ecu onsite so I'm not charged labor.
Just a heads up...the removal/re-installation of the ECU from the vehicle is only 20% - 25% of the job.

The ECU has security bolts which must be properly extracted, and then re-installed. Our more experienced dealers/technicians actually have an assortment of tools and OEM supplied security bolts which allows them to complete the job in a manner where most factory trained technicians will never notice any sort of tampering.

Opening the ECU after it's been removed from the vehicle is the second step and where I would associate the majority of the labor cost as it's the most time consuming part. This is also where you want an experience/trained dealer doing the work versus an average technician who hasn't been there before.

It's not rocket science by any means, but it is an hour to an hour and a half of consistent work to do it right, and I personally would rather pay my dealer a reasonable labor rate for him to be responsible and take accountability of the job.

Just food for thought.

RevoTechnik-GM

TDI
TDi
Does the selector switch work with the tdi? Are you still able to choose the stock map?
Yes. Our SPS Switching Unit will allow you to manually swap from our performance settings to stock through the diagnostic port...and back to performance from stock in a matter of minutes.

JayCon

TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2010 Golf TDI 6M *sold*
Just a heads up...all engine software is on sale for $100 OFF retail price, through the end of the week...

can you suggest a dealer close to either Boston MA. or Providence RI? I tried revo site but it was a bit clunky. thanks.

rootrider

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 sportwagen
I just had my 09 jetta reflashed after the recall flash was done. It is one of the early production cars with build gate was 8/08. Last summer when i had the remap done it was through the odb2 port but this last flash called for reading out the ecu. I waited two weeks for the software to be witten and all i can say wow. I actually wonder if chris gave my shop the version 2 software. The car pulls so much harder than i remember. At this point my care free maintence is over so the dealer will be kept far away from my ecu. If you are on the fence it is the best $500 you can spend on engine performance on a TDI.
does this mean that Revo finally has an updated file for the latest flash on the 2009's? I've been without Revo for almost 3 months now :(

scottisha

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf TDI 4dr
Did mine before I hit 2k miles.
Would have done it sooner but Forge needed the file for my ECU from REVO and a few days to schedule me in.

Scott

RevoTechnik-GM

TDI
TDi
If it's any consolation, our TDi software is switchable and you can revert back to stock settings is a matter of minutes with our SPS device. This should calm your concerns when taking your car in for service, and I can't think of anything else to be worried about.

If you have any specific concerns in mind, feel free to voice those here and I'll see if we can provide any additional information/answers.

anyone...anyone...Bueller?

just trying to gauge the risks...

securityguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sedan
REVO support guys - why PM the poster on the 2009 question:confused: There are several of us with 2009's that have the same question. Please post for all of us to see.

Thank you!

RevoTechnik-GM

TDI
TDi
I had a specific question about his ability to read out his ECU code and didn't want to clutter the thread if he had any back and forth questions.

I'm fairly confident we are up to date with all of the current versions for the 2009 model year, but don't want to make any promises until I compared that against our available files.

Anyone else with a similar question, feel free to PM me your ECU code and I'll look into it.

REVO support guys - why PM the poster on the 2009 question:confused: There are several of us with 2009's that have the same question. Please post for all of us to see.

Thank you!