Next GTG in DFW area?

kbrenny

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta wagon TDI
I agree on setting a date as soon as possible so people can plan ahead.

Since most people have agreed with Sept 26th,
It is not around any holidays,
and gives enough time for everyone to plan ahead.

I would say the date is set on September 26th, 2009.

I have PMed Steve Glover and we have discussed a few things,

I should have a better idea on location by the middle of this week

I am going to shoot for a dyno along with the general GTG activities,

Anyone have any additional activities they would like to see happen?

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
vwmikel said:
While I don't think I'd have any trouble flashing that car (my flasher should support that car) I haven't spent a lot of time with the 2L FSI stuff. If you want the switching stuff like APR that's not going to be an easy task. They employ some high level programmers and when they're done the code looks nothing like it does when stock.
Mike thanks for the reply and info.

Hmm I don't really need that stuff it is just nice to have. As long as the tune would be undetectable by a normal scan, or if they are looking for a tune/flash counter etc. If you can do that and have time to write some maps for the 2.0t FSI then that would be great.

I don't want to say I am for sure though, as I may get an APR tune between now and the end of September.

kbrenny

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta wagon TDI
Checked around dyno shops today,

I was trying to keep things centrally located, around arlington.

There was a place in arlington that had diesel experience and the equipment. He was very nice and it seemed it would be a great place.

He will be closed on sept 26th for his daughters wedding.

He is open the saturday before and after, so if everyone would like to chime in if they would rather do it one week before or after the 26th we can reserve a date and get things started.

06JettaGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I vote for Sept 12 or 19th. After labor day weekend and I really want to dyno my car. See what is really going to ground!! :D

kbrenny said:
Checked around dyno shops today,

I was trying to keep things centrally located, around arlington.

There was a place in arlington that had diesel experience and the equipment. He was very nice and it seemed it would be a great place.

He will be closed on sept 26th for his daughters wedding.

He is open the saturday before and after, so if everyone would like to chime in if they would rather do it one week before or after the 26th we can reserve a date and get things started.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
06JettaGuy said:
I vote for Sept 12 or 19th. After labor day weekend and I really want to dyno my car. See what is really going to ground!! :D
Sean, we also need to find a suitable place nearby so you can show off your Karaoke skills!:D

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
wczorn said:
I liked it. Area of location wasn't the best, but not bad.
Yea agreed and they IIRC had pretty competitive dyno rates, and knew what they were doing. Maybe we could get something set up there again? Still Sept. 26? Or a later Oct. weekend (cooler)?

I have decided the 2.0t is actually still a TDI...;) it is after all still a Turbo car with Direct Injection...:D

Mach1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
05.5 Jetta 5 spd, 06 Jetta DE DSG, 04 F250 6L, 2000 F250 7.3L
I am always up for a dyno..I want to see how much more power I have picked up from last time..

Chris, my crystal ball says you are very close to a custom SS exhaust system...Very close!!! like this week...

If you wanted to work on cars maybe some day have a RSB GTG...

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Mach1 said:
That sounds like a very good future plan. At the May GTG, there were several folks that wished they could have had the opportunity to do some maintenance and small upgrades with help from other attendees. ;)

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mach1 said:
I am always up for a dyno..I want to see how much more power I have picked up from last time..

Chris, my crystal ball says you are very close to a custom SS exhaust system...Very close!!! like this week...

RSB get together :cool: Dyno in Austin? I want to dyno the GLI before I get her chipped so maybe I will dyno this Friday while I am up in Austin.

Mach1

TDI
Steve, I could do a dyno at Colvins, Call them and see what they say..

RSB----only in the spring or fall when its cool...Its TOO hot right now..100+

SA is down the highway for the night action, Colvin here for a dyno's Day...we have dyno'd there before..

roundout

Veteran Member
TDI
5 speed ALH
My TDI is dead but I am cooking an ALH->to->something conversion and still have a fond place in my heart for TDIs. I am down as long as you guys don't mind me riding up in an old, loud IDI BENZ.

Mach1

TDI
Well, we would have to allow gassers as well, so that Steve could come...:) :)

We are gioing to have a meet in the Fall/Winter/Spring..Cause its a beautiful in the country that time of the year..

Steve, did you find out about dyno this Friday at Colvins?

vwmikel

TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
SBAtdijetta said:
Mike thanks for the reply and info.

Hmm I don't really need that stuff it is just nice to have. As long as the tune would be undetectable by a normal scan, or if they are looking for a tune/flash counter etc. If you can do that and have time to write some maps for the 2.0t FSI then that would be great.

I don't want to say I am for sure though, as I may get an APR tune between now and the end of September.
I will look into it and see what I can find. The flash counter can definitely be fixed, but I really haven't put the time and energy into it that they have....

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mike, thanks if I have not forked out the APR ($$$ :eek:) by then maybe you can toy with mine?

Randy, I will give Colvin's a call today about dynoing on Friday early AM... got to get in while it is still "somewhat" cool in the AM. Will PM you and let you know what I find out.

06JettaGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
You are reaching Steve!! LOL!! WE can accept it! :D

SBAtdijetta said:
Yea agreed and they IIRC had pretty competitive dyno rates, and knew what they were doing. Maybe we could get something set up there again? Still Sept. 26? Or a later Oct. weekend (cooler)?

I have decided the 2.0t is actually still a TDI...;) it is after all still a Turbo car with Direct Injection...:D

Mach1

TDI
Steve went and dyno'd Friday at Colvins..With a gasser..

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gotta dyno pre and post chip for accuracy/gains sake no? ;)

IIRC numbers were 188whp/198wtq on a hot somewhat humid 80-85*F morning...:( hot bleh....

Just for fun Dyno up now:

06JettaGuy said:
You are reaching Steve!! LOL!! WE can accept it! :D
LOL yea I know, but you gotta do what you gotta do... ;-). Sending you a PM btw.

Last edited:

bencarr23

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2013 white
ok sometimes i can get on here. sometimes my ip address is banned.

Im trying to get my car to the GTG in austin. then to a track to run a 13 i hope at over 100 mph.

So when is it and where??

Mach1

TDI
Ben, I am goin to have a GTG this Fall at Spicewood..Its got to do some serious cooling down first..

I would like to go to the track as well, we probably need to have a track day(right Jaydogg?)..

Ben, did you get yours dyno'ed the other day?

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Got the stock dyno up. Going for an APR switchable tune on Friday...

Mmmh Stock/pump 93/race 100/& valet modes all at no extra charge ...:eek::cool: plus anit-theft and switchable tune security lockout all from the cruise control stalk. APR is running some special :).

Sooo when is this TDI Dyno day going to go down... :D

Mach1

TDI
Cool down..I like to be comfortable..

Plus at the track we will be faster on a cool night..

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
Mach1 said:
Plus at the track we will be faster on a cool night..
Very true.

My stock 01 Lightning ran a 14.2 a month after I bought it in the summer. (100+ track temps)

That upcoming winter it did a 13.6 still all stock (40*f track temp).

Plus there really is nothing like a nice cruise through the Texas Hill Country on a 70 degree day.

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
^^ Factor in some break in there as well no? But yea very valid point for sure about the track temps being too high.

Have been driving the 2.0t APR tuned for a few days now... I must say it now has about as much or more torque then most TDIs, and is a blast to drive.

Come on temps get cooler... ;)